banginAltima

Tips, Tricks, Whatever To Get To A 148.2 **update**

So I did a 147.7 at a local show. Any thoughts on what i could do to get to my new goal of a 148.2 with a single Sundown amp (not the 3000 either)?

This question is more geared toward people who know my setup a little better then the average Joe. Of course if the average Joe has some good ideas, I will listen.

Edited by banginAltima

have you played with visor locations? seat positions? glove box open or closed or simple stupid shit like that?

have not seen your box or set-up enough to give input.

I don't remember if I saw anyone bracing your car at all. That may be something that could help you gain as much as .5db. Even if you were to add another battery you may be able to pick up a few tenths, but that will cost money. Maybe try tweeking the settings on the hu to get a few tenths. Jacob and I did this the other day with my car and we were able to pick up .2 just by changing a few settings.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did gain a tenth by removing the head rest and laying the seat back as far as I could. Playing with the visor never did anything. Never tried the glove box. The only bracing that seems to help is holding the trunk.

Edited by banginAltima

I did gain a tenth by removing the head rest and laying the seat back as far as I could. Playing with the visor never did anything. Never tried the glove box. The only bracing that seems to help is holding the trunk.

have u tried with the visor down and seat all the way up and the back part all the way forward?...or open ur bo and round EVERY corner and resin the inside should move the air quicker out the box

and that helps when gaining a couple tenths

How the hell did you get that box in there? I need to learn how to stuff a big box like that in my hoopty.

It is a very tight fit getting it in and out. Not to worried about any one stealing it.