Sundown Audio

1 Ohm Or 2 Ohms Relating To Sq ?

Fish Chris

Okay, so my 25 to Life Power 1000 is rated at 705wts rms into 2 ohms, and 935wts rms into 1 ohm (per the birth sheet)

Of course I want max power (is their anybody here who doesn't ? :-)

But I'm just wondering if the loss in SQ will be audible, between 2 ohms and 1 ohm loading ? Also, how much will this decrease the dependability / durability of my amp ?

Actually, when I first hook this amp up, it will be ran into a 2 ohm load, but that will be fine, as the two 'more efficient' 12"s I'll be running should do fine with 350wts rms each.

But the reason I'm asking, is that if I end up stepping up to some bigger, stronger subs (or even a single, much stronger sub) the extra wattage would probably be very beneficial.

Anyone ?

Thank you,

Fish

If it says the amp is 1 ohm stable then it should hurt it one bit to run it at 1 Ohm

and more power is always a good thing :spiteful:

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

on a pure sine wave, most people can hear ~2%thd, 1% is imperceptible except to the most acute people on the best speakers, and even that is near impossible to perceive on music.

dont worry about it, its all just numbers, as long as its under 1% (which is what an rms rating is in the first place btw) you wont be able to tell the difference. Most of the time, a bit less power doesn't hurt though, since it keeps the subs working well within their limitations and doesn't over exert them or anything like that. not to mention, that 200 watt increase is MAYBE 1db total, which is also barely perceptible to most people.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

x2^ on davids comment. How hardcore in SQ are you looking to go? are you going to compete, or do you just want overall good loud clean tunes?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived