Second Skin Audio

Time to upgrade!!!

It's time to sell my 2 Power Acoustik Mofo's 12's. I got them hooked to a Hifonics BX2005D and they are very loud. But they only sound good on a few select songs and other songs don't hit hardly at all and sound buzzy and not right. I've narrowed my choices down to the FI SSD12 and the Kicker CVX12. Maybe even looking at Soundstream's T4-12. They seem to be the best bang for the buck in their catagory (12" <$200). I did plenty of searching and just can't find a lot of info on the CVX mainly and no head to head comparisons of the two. I am looking for SPL on par with the Mofo's, but to be able to hit on all songs. My enclosure is custom built ported at about 2.5 CF per sub. It's tuned to mid 30's. And as stated I will be powering them with a Hifonics BX2005D. What do ya'll think? Thanks.

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

HeadUnit: Alpine 9853

Subs: (4) SoundStream SPLX 15's

Mids/Highs: (6) 8" Eminence Alpha 8MR and (4) Pyramid TW46 Titanium Super Tweeters.

Frontstage: (2) B&C 6PEV13 6.5's

Mids/Highs Amp: Kicker ZX650.4

On Order:

Enclosure: 16-18ft^3 CRX Style Enclosure (To be build)

Sub Amps: (2) MTX TA92001 or Equivalent 4-5K Watt Amp(s)

a Hifonics BXI2005d is not a "good" amp.  if your stuck on having it either of the three subs you mentions would be a great choice.  i think the SSD are the cheapest so id go with them since all your eunning is a hifonics entry level amp

a Hifonics BXI2005d is not a "good" amp. if your stuck on having it either of the three subs you mentions would be a great choice. i think the SSD are the cheapest so id go with them since all your eunning is a hifonics entry level amp

It's a BX not BXI, and I never said it was a "good" amp, or anything about it. :-X But for the price and the power they give out, there not bad at all. Never had any problems whatsoever. And they are not "entry level amps" by any means for an average street beater. I can't afford a $1,000+ amp right now, nor do I need one. And the SSD's are not the cheapest, I can get the CVX's for $300 shipped. Can we stick to the opinions on the subs I listed, and not just my amp.

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

Mids/Highs: (6) 8" Eminence Alpha 8MR and (4) Pyramid TW46 Titanium Super Tweeters.

On Order:

a Hifonics BXI2005d is not a "good" amp.  if your stuck on having it either of the three subs you mentions would be a great choice.  i think the SSD are the cheapest so id go with them since all your eunning is a hifonics entry level amp

It's a BX not BXI, and I never said it was a "good" amp, or anything about it. :-X But for the price and the power they give out, there not bad at all. Never had any problems whatsoever. And they are not "entry level amps" by any means for an average street beater. I can't afford a $1,000+ amp right now, nor do I need one. And the SSD's are not the cheapest, I can get the CVX's for $300 shipped. Can we stick to the opinions on the subs I listed, and not just my amp.

although your telling yourself they arent they very much are entry level, they are older model thats why they are bx instead of bxi.  you dont need to spend 1k for a quality 2krms, get a power acoustik its better then a hifonics and youll actually get the power your paying for, and its only about 350 if that

although your telling yourself they arent they very much are entry level, they are older model thats why they are bx instead of bxi.  you dont need to spend 1k for a quality 2krms, get a power acoustik its better then a hifonics and youll actually get the power your paying for, and its only about 350 if that

It is the older model, but new when I bought it. I plan on buying four Ma Audio ma180xe's (if I can fit) and a couple PA3000db's. But being in the Military doesen't pull in much pay, so that will have wait. For now I'm just looking to do a swap of my 12's and keep the same amp.

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

On Order: