Second Skin Audio

Aero Port Info

Nope easier way make progressively bigger wood rings and bondo around them to make them smooth and slide the pvc over that instead

really? It took me no shit less than five minutes and less than half a beer to do mine. I did take a litle time to round the edges with a file, but I don't think making progressively larger rings and all that is as fast as a wine bottle and heat gun.

That's some good info right there Gary. I'm planning on taking out my 4 4" aeros for my 2 12's and putting in 2 6" aeros for them. It's roughly the same ammount of port area, but with 2 ports instead of 4 it is more efficient and should be louder. If you make your own you should try and make something like 8" ones and you could sell them for like $50 each.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

That's some good info right there Gary. I'm planning on taking out my 4 4" aeros for my 2 12's and putting in 2 6" aeros for them. It's roughly the same ammount of port area, but with 2 ports instead of 4 it is more efficient and should be louder. If you make your own you should try and make something like 8" ones and you could sell them for like $50 each.

Mine reader...

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

really? It took me no shit less than five minutes and less than half a beer to do mine. I did take a litle time to round the edges with a file, but I don't think making progressively larger rings and all that is as fast as a wine bottle and heat gun.

And I bet the ones in that tutorial look a hell of a lot better too

who cares how you make as long as they work sheesh relax.

Airborne I have made my own before using the same exact method, except I used a glass bowl, I wish I would had a digi back then

Oh yeah. I would never claim to have the best meathod. I just figured out a way to kill port noise. I am bad at taking pics of my brain storms. also.

And I bet the ones in that tutorial look a hell of a lot better too

Not really. I am pretty good at shaping things. That tutorial look great, and if I were interested in making the same diamater port every time i would invest the time to make the "mold". But like I said, a wine bottle and a 2x4 worked out great it it sounds better than expected.

For (really) high powered applications I use a system of 1 6" port per 12" woofer although this is mostly for SPL

2x10/1x12 = 1x6

4x10/2x12/1x15 = 2x6

8x10/4x12/2x15/1x18 = 4x6

Halve it for musical duties. My daily setup is a 9515 in a ~ 3 cube box with a 6" aero tuned to mid 30's and it goes good :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

For (really) high powered applications I use a system of 1 6" port per 12" woofer although this is mostly for SPL

2x10/1x12 = 1x6

4x10/2x12/1x15 = 2x6

8x10/4x12/2x15/1x18 = 4x6

Halve it for musical duties. My daily setup is a 9515 in a ~ 3 cube box with a 6" aero tuned to mid 30's and it goes good :)

I had thought of posting that as well. But I figured for the general population what I put would be right for them. I could see a someone getting two 6 inch aeros for a pair of Lightening Audio subs.... Then blaming me for damage to them.

Edited by banginAltima

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs