Home Depot And Lowes...

why do they only carry screws in like 1lb+ boxes??? it's b.s.

today went down to home depot and hardware guy had no idea what screws i was looking for... just wood screws with a hex/allen head, or a torx head...

finally i found one and as they call the torx screws, star screws, they only had a freaking 1lb box and i just needed 24 of them

not saying ima theif or anything, think what you want to think, i bought it, $9 damn dollars, went to my car, opened it, took 24 out and went in a returned them, they'd make more money if they sold them individually i would think

then i told him i needed 4 L brackets, to hold sub box to the floor, and he tried selling me door hinges for like $10 a piece...

went to lumber and found what i needed... people these days, jeezus

at least i got my 24 'star pattern' screws fo free

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

why do they only carry screws in like 1lb+ boxes??? it's b.s.

today went down to home depot and hardware guy had no idea what screws i was looking for... just wood screws with a hex/allen head, or a torx head...

finally i found one and as they call the torx screws, star screws, they only had a freaking 1lb box and i just needed 24 of them

not saying ima theif or anything, think what you want to think, i bought it, $9 damn dollars, went to my car, opened it, took 24 out and went in a returned them, they'd make more money if they sold them individually i would think

then i told him i needed 4 L brackets, to hold sub box to the floor, and he tried selling me door hinges for like $10 a piece...

went to lumber and found what i needed... people these days, jeezus

at least i got my 24 'star pattern' screws fo free

I work at Lowes and have had to work Hardware a few times and ppl rip off screws and hinges all the time. Ill go to the drawer and organize the slots and bunch of bags opened up with missing screws and all that.. And stocking Hardware is a bitch... :aggressive: lol I know they sell L-Brackets in 4 packs or something like that, Ive bought them before..

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Yeah it is crazy when I used to look for a few misc hardware at both home depot or Lowes on the open shelves where the larger quantities are stored. Later I found they do have smaller quantities in a area that has pull out drawers for specialty hardware just takes time to find it in the drawers. Another store if it is in your area is Ace hardware they have misc hardware that neither HD or Lowes carries and in small quantities. Looks like it worked out in the end, oh another source for hardware online is McMaster-Carr I think they have changed there policy for customers. I used to use them for my commercial account, but they are pricey but they have everything in stock and shipped out that day of the order.

ya that would totally suck having to put back all the screws individually, fuck thatttt bro

at least i didn't make a mess for the employee!!

and i have noooooooooo clue where the nearest hardware/screw store is and HD is fairly close and like lymbo said, i got out good so i'm happy :clapping:

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Why not just keep the box? Scared you will never use them all?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

My Aunt asked me to build her a large deck one time. I agreed and made up a material list. I took it to home depot, Then took it to the local mom and pop lumber/hardware store.

The small store beat homo depot by several hundred bucks on the price, They loaded the truck up and I didn't have to stand for a half hour looking like an idiot waiting for some one to help me.

It was a small Ace store btw.