Second Skin Audio

Over Powering Vs. Under Powering

would you rather over power, or under power  

26 members have voted

1. 1. read first post in thread and let meh know

• over power 1,200 rms
    • under power 2,000 rms

Why try to overpower subs? I could understand if you already had the subs, but buying the subs with the intention of sending them more power than they need is stupid, when you can easily just buy different subs that will take the power.

Say Sub1 is 500rms and Sub2 is 2000rms. You can run Sub1 at double its rms or you can run sub 2 at half its rms. Each sub would be seeing 1000rms. Im guessing most people on here would STILL take Sub1. Why? That doesnt make any sense. Its not like a Sub1 would be louder because its seeing 150% its rms, whereas Sub2 would be seeing 50% its rms.

If you havent bought the subs, go with the better sub.

Why try to overpower subs? I could understand if you already had the subs, but buying the subs with the intention of sending them more power than they need is stupid, when you can easily just buy different subs that will take the power.

Say Sub1 is 500rms and Sub2 is 2000rms. You can run Sub1 at double its rms or you can run sub 2 at half its rms. Each sub would be seeing 1000rms. Im guessing most people on here would STILL take Sub1. Why? That doesnt make any sense. Its not like a Sub1 would be louder because its seeing 150% its rms, whereas Sub2 would be seeing 50% its rms.

If you havent bought the subs, go with the better sub.

very valid point. i agree