Battery Suggestions..

I'm not sure if I should go with a extra battery...or replace my stock one. I'm not real familiar with all that is out there for car audio purposes so maybe yall can guide me.

I have a kx1200.1 ..birthsheet said around 1350-1400w rms. Im on stock electrical with 1/0 power to my amp and grounded at the back. Note hits I was getting light dimming..it was very noticeable. I don't have the system in now, so I'm wanting to get all the necessary things before I re-install.

What would be the cheapest route to go so I have a strong setup. batts, alts, caps..etc.

This is in a 00' Celica gt. Kicker L7 15"..if yall need anymore info, let me know.

I am running slightly more power than you are but I did the big 3, kept stock battery, put a kinetik hc2400 in the trunk, 1/0 from front to back, and went with an EA 225 amp alt and the MLA module. Needless to say, no problems with lack of power. If you plan on running the system full tilt all the time you might not just want to get a replacment battery for up front or just a 2nd battery, you might want to go with a high output alt too. Just my opinion, lack of the ability to support an amplifier causes unneeded stress on that equipment.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

I am running slightly more power than you are but I did the big 3, kept stock battery, put a kinetik hc2400 in the trunk, 1/0 from front to back, and went with an EA 225 amp alt and the MLA module. Needless to say, no problems with lack of power. If you plan on running the system full tilt all the time you might not just want to get a replacment battery for up front or just a 2nd battery, you might want to go with a high output alt too. Just my opinion, lack of the ability to support an amplifier causes unneeded stress on that equipment.

cheapest way to get by would be a hc-1800 under the hood or as a add on,but that would be just getting by.id run 2 or some comparable brand of batt.powermaster had some good sale prices but im unsure if they still are on the discount.x2 on the big 3.

American Bass*DC Power

Big 3 is in my plans. Kind of wanted to see what I can do with the battery before I drop a lot on a alternator.

Checked out the 1800 on Kinetik's site and saw that calculator they have..and they recommended a 1400.

I don't play my music full blast..I don't even like it really loud. If I could get by, by using only one battery that would be great..would the hc-1400 be enough though.

to be honest im running 200 amps of fusing with my class dez and i have a 1800 up front and a baby 800 in the rear .i dont let it run full tilt while im parked.but while @2000 rpms i never drop below 13.5volts.skip the alt.if you can fit the 1800 id highly recomend it.its always good to have some headroom.plus running the headlights plus a/c taxes you batt bank.the 1400 wont be as effective,catch my drift?

American Bass*DC Power

Yeah got yah. My headlights dim when I roll up the windows at the same time so more the better.

Whats the price comparison between a kinetiks, powermaster, batcap and whatever the other brands are...of the same size battery. Is one brand usually more expensive than the other. Would a optima be the same as these types of batteries?

Yeah got yah. My headlights dim when I roll up the windows at the same time so more the better.

Whats the price comparison between a kinetiks, powermaster, batcap and whatever the other brands are...of the same size battery. Is one brand usually more expensive than the other. Would a optima be the same as these types of batteries?

na optima is a deep cycle that will not charge or discharge nowhere near as fast as a kinetic or a batcap,as far as power master goes ive never ran them but if you compare the ratings of products they seem to be the best value.id check ebay for the kinetics just beware of the warrenty.kinetic has a good out of warrenty plan for there products.so if after a year it goes bad your not totally screwed,they will give you one for 50% of retail.

American Bass*DC Power

Archived