Computere Upgrade! Woohoo!

Oh, theres only a $40 difference in your visiontek 4850 compaired to my evga 9800gtx ssc+ :)

first comp looks nice, those LED's would bug the living shit out of me though

Thanks. But yea, the lights are kinda bright. It was a huge change from blue to white on the light output. But now with the fan controller I just run the fans at a lower speed so the lights are not as harsh except when Im gaming. but its good accent lighting in my living room :)

yea i payed a little more then you :( but I bought a card from a real comapny and not some offbrand like pny :)

bleh.

/goes into BIOS and sees what can be done :D

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

It's kind of a let-down to only use a dual-core processor to feed the data-hungry graphics card. I went the alternate route, purchased a ridiculous CPU and a lower-end graphics card, but I'll get another of the same before long and Crossfire them.

insidepc.jpg

Yes, the heatsink/fan arrangement is upside down, the case (Antec 900) has a vent on the top, so I want to blow the hot air from the CPU up and out of the case. Graphics card is a Visiontek Radeon 4870 512MB, processor is Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.83Ghz), I use a dual-channel kit from OCZ (Raptor 1066Mhz heatpiped kit), you can also see a Creative XFi PCIe sound card (which I just adore, it makes Cubase run at least a thousand times better.) I should've gotten a power supply with modular plugs, it's sort of a rat's nest. (Using Rosewill 850Watt, blue LED's and the like.)

antec900front.jpg

Here's the front of the Antec 900, it's really a nice case for the price. I only have 1 drive as of yet, I went the crazy route and just decided to dump IDE drives all together, so I'm using a 400GB SATA/300 drive, and the ASUS SATA DVD burner with Lightscribe (not that I'll ever buy those overpriced HP disks.)

Not everyone's made of money

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

It's kind of a let-down to only use a dual-core processor to feed the data-hungry graphics card. I went the alternate route, purchased a ridiculous CPU and a lower-end graphics card, but I'll get another of the same before long and Crossfire them.

Im sorry, but I like being able to play games at max resoultions with max settings...

Something you wont get from a cheaper graphics card.

Cheaper cards are made by cheap companies, even tho it still comes back to being nvidia or ati chipset, expensive cards and cheaper cards have major differences that I feel the extra money is worth.

A 9800gtx made by evga is going to be of better quality as of a 9800gtx made by pny.

The evga card is going to have a more effective heatsink design that not only cools the video cards cpu, but the memory as well offering better cooling for your card and cooler case temps, not to mention to overclock your card higher.

A cheaper card will not have many of the same specs as a nicer card. It will have a slower core clock, memory clock, shader clock, less stream processors, etc.

Depending on the company of a cheaper card, you will not have a good warrenty.

Power hungry? I dont think so, it seems to be fine with a 550watt powersupply Im using. I guess if you buy a good or even decent power supply with at least dual 12 volt rails with 17+ amps per rail you wont have to worry to much about power hungry parts.

If I didnt stick so much money into my car stereo I could spend more on my pc, but right now my pc performs just fine, it did before I did a few small upgrades. Im just looking to clean up any bottleneck areas as much as possible as cheap as possible.

I also thought about running a sli setup. I almost bought a 2nd video card to my old matching card, but I quickly decided that a new card would be a better investment for the simple fact that 1 newer card with newer techology, faster clocks, and better cooling is going to outperform 2 older cards.

And FYI I paid less for my new card, then what I payed for my old car, and my new card is at least 3-4 times better then my old card.

• 3 weeks later...

wow thats nice. i guess im old school now, i upgraded my comp last year. put a PNY GeForce 8600gts and a 550watt powersupply. havent even played with my computer in a long time, i used to be into all that stuff lol

but anyways nice upgrades and comps :)

2 SSA Xcon 18's

Sundown 2500D

Pioneer

4 Stinger SPV35 batts

SecondSkin Audio Damp Pro

Knukonceptz Flex[/size][/b]