2 Re`s Sx 15"

I need some help building a box for 2 re`s sx15 for spl only.How big must the the box be? i calculated it at 8 cubic feet @ 40hz is that good?

That a very big box. 8 cubic feet after woofer and port displace? I had 2 re SX 15 tune at 37 Hz after woofer and speaker displace in 6. cubic. Burp loud. The re is good for SPL at 35 Hz. Not all sub have to be tune at 40 hz for SPL.

Edited by Gotloud555

i am currently runnig 2 re sx 15's in a honda civic hatch, my personal best is 148.9, @38hz.... i havent meterd since my upgrades, but im sure its louder now, any way, my box is 8 cubes after all displacement tuned to 33hz with 16 inches of port per cubic foot, its sub up port back....

for pure spl i say 6 cubes after all displacement tune it to 40+ hz with 18-20 inches of port per cube and give it around 6000 watts.,...

i am currently running 6000 to ine daily, it doesnt like ti too much it gets warm after 2 songs and starts smelling after 4-5 songs at full tilt.......

my setup is daily groundpounder, i drive it everyday too and from work, i listen to it every day...

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

I have a Daewoo Tico it`s Like a Fiat Panda.Very small.I`m planing tu use 6000w @ 1ohm sounstream or a DD Z2 LV@ [email protected] should l i choose?The box i want to make it will be with changeable port so i can change it for SPL competition an the other port to listen music.About the volume i wll make it smaller.The subs up the port back.

Here is a link where u can see my car.I`m new tot this forum and i do not know how to upload photos.Thanx for helping me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wipwppsgdzY

Edited by soarecelegica

the soundstream xxx6500d? that does not do 6000 T 1 ohm unless you run it a t 16volts.... it does about 4400 at 14volts...

the z2 is not a good daily amp.....

i would prefer to see the z2lvh or something like that, if you gonna do inter changable ports make one for 40 hz with huge port and the other tuned to 33 hz and 15 per....

that is the lagic number with sx's for daily 15per at 33hz...

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!