Second Skin Audio

Reme from unique whips show... how he builds the boxes for subs....

Texas Tech

a few years back,  I had broke my last  jigsaw blade, no router at the time, and no money for new jigsaw blades, I hand cut mounting holes useing a large screw grinded down like a knife, that was screwed in a board, used a nail as center pivot, and made a handle and hand -cranked my own mounting holes. And they were 2- 15s, for a old mustang I had a few years back. And gues what? perfect circles, and only took about 5-7mins each hole.  Good trick when your down and out.. lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

he put the whole box together and then cut the circle out for where teh mounting of the sub goes with a jig saw.

I know hes that good, and hes that good at cutting circles with a jig saw, but have any of you guys done that.

I build all my boxes like that.  It isn't that hard to do.  I'll mark my center points, then use a compass to draw the circle, and cut it with a jigsaw.  As for the dust, doesn't everyone have a shopvac? 

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

UW is obviously sponsored by JL, but if you see all the other installs they dont show, its always Alpine, JBL, and MTX. The Hears was all JBL, they did a Harman Kardon, Infinity demo truck... But JL wants them to promote thier stuff for show viewing.

Remy Has done a few ported box installs, and those instals are the ones when they get all "OMG, that box is so loud, the bulit proof glass is even flexing"  They need a lil more effort in box designs, and quality, if I was rich, Id never bring my car there

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived