Second Skin Audio

How Are These Box Plans?

EricM9104

Debating on trying to build a box... again....

This time, with help lol.

Considering I have saturday off, and if my friends parents will let him come over. :rolleyes:

boxplansuk5.jpg

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

way too much port area... lol 20sqin/cuft... thats higher than most spl applications

try no more than 35sqin for 2cuft for peaky spl

try 30sqin for 2cuft for a smoothed response... but depending on tuning could still be peaky

try 25sqin for 2cuft for a lower tuning and usually a much flatter response

(but it all depends on the sub ur using)

what sub... unless its an aq hdc3/dd/spl sub... 38 is kinda high... and will likely drop very fast below 38

and u should move the sub to the left on the box so the entire sub is behind the port wall... the sub will "see" or "think" it is in a larger enclosure than if it was close the the port opening inside the box

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

AEROPORTS!!!!!! I can't tell people this enough. If you're building a street beater and you want to get loud ditch the slot port and go with aeros. My car gained 2.3 db by switching to aeros in a new box. I did fire the ports back instead of up, but the fact that I switched to aeros made a difference. Ssaudio has told me that aeros help you to a db or more louder with them over slot ports. He swears by this and I agree with it. I've seen it happen. The really loud cars you see usually have aeros. Look at more than half of the cars on the db drag circuit. Aeroports in pretty much all of the street vehicles in db drag. Why? Because they are louder. Redesign it with aeros. What size sub because it doesn't come up when I enlarge the pic. I will give you my honest opinion with aeros. The only car I can't say I can help with though is a crx. They are tricky if you don't know what you are doing.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

AEROPORTS!!!!!! I can't tell people this enough. If you're building a street beater and you want to get loud ditch the slot port and go with aeros. My car gained 2.3 db by switching to aeros in a new box. I did fire the ports back instead of up, but the fact that I switched to aeros made a difference. Ssaudio has told me that aeros help you to a db or more louder with them over slot ports. He swears by this and I agree with it. I've seen it happen. The really loud cars you see usually have aeros. Look at more than half of the cars on the db drag circuit. Aeroports in pretty much all of the street vehicles in db drag. Why? Because they are louder. Redesign it with aeros. What size sub because it doesn't come up when I enlarge the pic. I will give you my honest opinion with aeros. The only car I can't say I can help with though is a crx. They are tricky if you don't know what you are doing.

Audiopipe TXX 12 IIRC.

As stated, too much port area.

Drop Port length, and area and your tuning should be a little lower without being so long.

Audiopipe TXX 12 IIRC.

As stated, too much port area.

Drop Port length, and area and your tuning should be a little lower without being so long.

If it's a 12 then 1.75-2.25 cubes with 2 4" aeros tuned to whatever freq. If he's doing 2 in a single chamber then step up to 1 6" aero instead of doing 4 4" ones. If it's a single box then the 2 4's will work okay. It's just when you start to get a larger enclosure and you put more ports in it, it lets the back pressure out of the box too quickly and can be louder with just 2 ports. That's the issue I'm having with my setup right now. I need 2 6's instead of 4 4's.

Edit: didn't know what freq he wants to tune to cause I would have put the port length otherwise.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Okay I got the pic to enlarge for 38 hz the ports would need to be 20.5" long.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived