Second Skin Audio

Looking For A Badass 8" Subwoofer

RamenNoodles

When the fuck did I even say any numbers?

I would imagine that it the RMS rating is at 400 watts then it can handle 400 rms power.

I really dont care if I smoke it because this is all in fun. I actually plan on smoking one or two when testing.

Call Fi and ask them to make you an 8" BTL lol!

the motor is almost 12: diameter so that would be hard to put in a box lol

Wouldn't work anyways cause of the spider.

I found this bad boy on OCS.

400 RMS and its only 50 bucks

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=19974

Thanks for making me spit Pepsi over my screen. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

When the fuck did I even say any numbers?

I would imagine that it the RMS rating is at 400 watts then it can handle 400 rms power.

I really dont care if I smoke it because this is all in fun. I actually plan on smoking one or two when testing.

WOW.... sorry didnt mean to get you all frazzled... I was joking about the numbers, but a lanzar, with 400 rms- 800 peak... thats better than a lot of great 8" drivers out there, and for a fraction of the price. but either way, good luck. I can't wait to see a build on this and some numbers.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Hah I know right, this is only a for fun project. The prize is only a 1508 subwoofer if you win so im not trying to invest that to win that. id like to use something kinda crappy.

don't know how crappy you wanna go, but I'm using a MTX 4508 4 ohms getting 100 watts in an envoy... did a 134.9 on dash/ windshield driver door open. which kinda makes me mad, cause my 02' accord did a 137.3 in the kick with a 10" and 240 watts. Anyhow I would'nt recomend going any crappier than that . lol also what does a 1508 cost anyhow?

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

the 1508 cost 150$ from the local dealer

Your best bet would be to find a cheap used L5 or L7 8. When you are using a single 8 you need all the cone area you can get.

I did a 140.6 in a Scion tC with an L7 8 and about 300 watts. I havent got to try 1 in a crx yet but im pretty sure i could get close to 150.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

heres a jbl gto 8 800wmax http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=3162

should get loud and is $70

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

FYI when the first cazy 8's took off i was the second loudest in the states.I forget mumber but i had a L78 in a 6 ft3 box running off a Earthquake D4 in my focus hatch.

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Archived