Second Skin Audio

Looking For A Badass 8" Subwoofer

RamenNoodles

Ah, I'll just welcome myself on here and have some fun!

It was nice to see all the new faces at US Audio and to to get to hang with ya's a bit. Hope we get to do this Much more often!

Now - down to business! The 1st 2 weeks of December, Wayne Harris is offering show promoters to have free shows - 2 max. This is a toys for tots drive - So- to enter you need no money - only a new unopened toy, 20 bucs up is advised - (still cheap for admission, but for a less fortunate child - a most valuable gift!).

The posting of the show is not official yet, will advise the moment I know.

Krazy 8's - I am the first loser in this event - when we first did it! Pix later, cool box! Trunk car. Watched Randy crank his sub to pieces! A Camaro was the car of choice that day, by the way! They gave away a free Kicker 1200.1 amp - that was sponsered by Kicker - sorry I don't have that kind of money - but - if we all pitch in at our local shows, it is possible to 'up the anty' and make coming to the shows worth it's weight in gold(so to speak).

But, as I said, I will buy a brand new DD 1508 to give away as a first place prize! I read this thread and was very happy to see the ideas and the wide range of products people are looking into! Anyone who choses to run a very inexpensive sub and wins this one - will not be dissappointed when they win the DD 8! I started with an L7 DVC 2ohm and got louder with the DD 8! So I never looked back, Kicker being a nice sub -no disrespect!

I am a 9 year veteran in spl competition, I want to promote Krazy 8's, not own it, so if I do join in with ya's - Aside from my score - Assuming I win- I will not keep the 8 for myself - It will go to the "next" highest score. I will basically nullify my score for the promotion of the show.

The rules are this - one amp, one 8, burp or music. No extreme measures like putting yer box on the front seat,etc, 16 volts and a pair of 10k amps - "Otherwise I would crush you like bug!!!!" Just kidding!

Basically, best use of yer gear gets you the win!

This is a SUDDEN DEATH event!!!! All Krazy 8's competitors will be volunteers for 'this event' after all official competition has ended. Each competitor gets ONE 30 second run to achieve their highest 8" score. Official dbdrag style metering. Be ready to bang out yer best# or suck it up w/o complaint if you screw something up- that's just how competition goes!

I think I have taken enough space on here for one thread! Any questions, please feel free to email me - Brian c/o Team BK at [email protected]. My cell # is 410-274-2145.

If any one wants to post a Krazy 8's sticky thread, please feel free to do so. The mid west also did this venue and had very good results, so watch out - this is contagious!

Ps - yea, guess once the 'smallish' demand for quality 8" drivers reared it's head, more became available. Many more to choose from now than when I started!!

Thanx for reading - hear from ya's soon, BK.

Ah, I'll just welcome myself on here and have some fun!

It was nice to see all the new faces at US Audio and to to get to hang with ya's a bit. Hope we get to do this Much more often!

Now - down to business! The 1st 2 weeks of December, Wayne Harris is offering show promoters to have free shows - 2 max. This is a toys for tots drive - So- to enter you need no money - only a new unopened toy, 20 bucs up is advised - (still cheap for admission, but for a less fortunate child - a most valuable gift!).

The posting of the show is not official yet, will advise the moment I know.

Krazy 8's - I am the first loser in this event - when we first did it! Pix later, cool box! Trunk car. Watched Randy crank his sub to pieces! A Camaro was the car of choice that day, by the way! They gave away a free Kicker 1200.1 amp - that was sponsered by Kicker - sorry I don't have that kind of money - but - if we all pitch in at our local shows, it is possible to 'up the anty' and make coming to the shows worth it's weight in gold(so to speak).

But, as I said, I will buy a brand new DD 1508 to give away as a first place prize! I read this thread and was very happy to see the ideas and the wide range of products people are looking into! Anyone who choses to run a very inexpensive sub and wins this one - will not be dissappointed when they win the DD 8! I started with an L7 DVC 2ohm and got louder with the DD 8! So I never looked back, Kicker being a nice sub -no disrespect!

I am a 9 year veteran in spl competition, I want to promote Krazy 8's, not own it, so if I do join in with ya's - Aside from my score - Assuming I win- I will not keep the 8 for myself - It will go to the "next" highest score. I will basically nullify my score for the promotion of the show.

The rules are this - one amp, one 8, burp or music. No extreme measures like putting yer box on the front seat,etc, 16 volts and a pair of 10k amps - "Otherwise I would crush you like bug!!!!" Just kidding!

Basically, best use of yer gear gets you the win!

This is a SUDDEN DEATH event!!!! All Krazy 8's competitors will be volunteers for 'this event' after all official competition has ended. Each competitor gets ONE 30 second run to achieve their highest 8" score. Official dbdrag style metering. Be ready to bang out yer best# or suck it up w/o complaint if you screw something up- that's just how competition goes!

I think I have taken enough space on here for one thread! Any questions, please feel free to email me - Brian c/o Team BK at [email protected]. My cell # is 410-274-2145.

If any one wants to post a Krazy 8's sticky thread, please feel free to do so. The mid west also did this venue and had very good results, so watch out - this is contagious!

Ps - yea, guess once the 'smallish' demand for quality 8" drivers reared it's head, more became available. Many more to choose from now than when I started!!

Thanx for reading - hear from ya's soon, BK.

Welcome to the site B you'll like it here

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Here is an Ascendant Audio 8" on ebay. Its a little bit out of your price range but I think it would be worth the investment, considering Steve is changing to Ascendant Audio.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ASCENDANT-AUDIO-AA-8-A...A1%7C240%3A1318

if I'm not mistaken, Ascendant Audio and Fi are now related. But don't quote me on that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DD-Audio-1508-8-Inch-S...A1%7C240%3A1318

And another 1508 incase anybody was curious. =D

RESPEK! =D

2003 Toyota 4runner SportEdition 4WD V8.

No bump.

Truck for sale.

18's going in the 4runner(After I sell my truck.) =D

ANd Brian it was definitely great getting to talk to at the last show. I have been at multiple shows with you before, just never got to chat with you.

I was the guy at the end asking you all about the 8's and whatnot.

I am almost positive I am gonna be doing a 8" setup for the show so Ill be trying a few things as well :)

Your best bet would be to find a cheap used L5 or L7 8. When you are using a single 8 you need all the cone area you can get.

I did a 140.6 in a Scion tC with an L7 8 and about 300 watts. I havent got to try 1 in a crx yet but im pretty sure i could get close to 150.

140.6 with am 8" on about 300 watts....... :blink: I bow down very nice!!!

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived