We had a '73 mach 1 for several years when I was growing up. We sold it when I was 14, on account of my parents insurance told them to either remove the car from the policy, or remove my brother from the policy, or the insure policy would be canceled entirely,.... on account of my brother having three wrecks with in the first year of driving. My father and I started on that car with it running and drive able, basically a rolling restoration. We rebuilt every part of it, restored the body, the suspension rolling gear, driveline, motor, trans, brand new interior, all original from the various mustang supply houses around the states... I miss that car so much. We had the ram air, the hood pins, a 351 Cleveland , c6 tranny ( I think ) ... Me and dad were talking about it a while back. He hunted around for a 68 but could not find what he wanted, and started looking into the big ponies ... He found our car in jacksonville, FL. and he said it had every option you could get inside and out, the thruster rims and A/C , auto, all the options. Ours was originally yellow as well, but the guy he bought it from owned a el-cheapo spray bake type body shop and he tossed a coat of red on it to sell it quick....We had already cut in all the body panels and door jambs back yellow just before we sold it. some dude in the military bought it, and he took it back to montana or somewhere. It was actually kinda cool , the buyers dad and brother both had 73 mach 1 mustangs, with very similar option lists... so the car went to a good owner.

Sorry for the thread jack.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

mine was optioned the way I would have from the factory If I bought it new (except for the interior color)

4spd

351 cobra jet

deluxe inerior

posi

ram air

clean exterior (no spoilers)

and alloy wheels

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

It's funny you mentioned that cause my dad says he knows a guy who owns a 429scj torino I have never seen it but I love those engines my horse power goal is relatively low for this car (around 500) and should be pretty easy to do with any of those motors

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I love these cars, and I guess there has to be some hot rods out there too.... I prefer showroom original, no matter how it came equipped. just me though.

By all means, keep going, no matter how long it takes. the satisfaction of taking a car from what you have now to drivable and show worthy is so rewarding.

After that car was sold, I built my mom a 1970 VW when I was in my early 20s , and it was in worse shape than your car is now. It took best of show twice after I finished it in 2004. The internal reward and personal sense of satisfaction for me is unforgettable.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

i see nothing audio related= fail

jk good luck with the restore

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i see nothing audio related= fail

jk good luck with the restore

no not fail it's in my basement ready to go in it when its done

and at the factory these cars had 260hp so I'm def not gonna do a complete to spec restoration

mcintoshsigz.png

no not fail it's in my basement ready to go in it when its done

and at the factory these cars had 260hp so I'm def not gonna do a complete to spec restoration

That is a beutiful project......Wish you the best of luck.....

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's