Second Skin Audio

System Question

any of the choices you have above will pound with 2000w.

Even the Solo X and soundstream, just because they are rated to handle 5000 and 8500 doesnt mean that they will not pound with 2000w.

The juggs are good too but they were initially used as burp subs. You may want something with softer suspension and a beefy coil to play music with 2000w.

I personally like using the T3 TSS for this purpose. But the Fi BTL is another good choice. RE MTs have been used alot and sounded nice but I think they are not as efficient as the BTL and TSS.

really so I could use a soundstream xxx or a kicker solo x and it would sound good? I figured it wouldn't sound good since it can take so much more power.

David- I would be interested in AA-SMD woofers but I'm looking for something I can buy and start working on sonner than Feb

Chill Phil and Jay05 - I will take a look at your suggestions thanks.

Anybody else have a suggestion or opinion?

I never heard of some of these subs you are talking about.So far I'm considering the fi btl, mach5 spl-15, I would consider soundstream but the amps I will be using are .5 ohm stable, I'm also looking at the solo x 18 but I'm afraid that 2000 watts might run it but it won't be enough to sound good.

Why not run an amp on each coil on the solo. Or even better yet put 2 amps per coil. :hairtrick:

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Why not run an amp on each coil on the solo. Or even better yet put 2 amps per coil. :hairtrick:

wow I was thinking a 8000 watt system you are taking about a 20,000 + watt system.I have heard the solo x's are real power hungry and need a shitload of power to move.

I just want like 4 15s maybe even 4 18s that will pound.Something efficent and doesn't need more than say 2500 watts to get nasty loud 2000 watts would be better if possible.

Thanks for all the help so far though guys.

I never heard of some of these subs you are talking about.So far I'm considering the fi btl, mach5 spl-15, I would consider soundstream but the amps I will be using are .5 ohm stable, I'm also looking at the solo x 18 but I'm afraid that 2000 watts might run it but it won't be enough to sound good.

Do you have a budget? If so, people on here might be able to help you out a little bit more.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

wow I was thinking a 8000 watt system you are taking about a 20,000 + watt system.I have heard the solo x's are real power hungry and need a shitload of power to move.

I just want like 4 15s maybe even 4 18s that will pound.Something efficent and doesn't need more than say 2500 watts to get nasty loud 2000 watts would be better if possible.

Thanks for all the help so far though guys.

i got an 18 solo x on a kx2500.1 and it sounds good

94 3000gt

18" Kicker Solo X

KX2500.1

2 KX350.4

8 JBL Coax Speakers

250A Mechman Alt

Do you have a budget? If so, people on here might be able to help you out a little bit more.

I don't have a set budget but I don't want to spend too much on a system.I already have an amp, 2 15 inch juggernauts, and a dd 9515. I'm probably going to sell the jugernauts and the 9515 if I decide to go a different route than 4 juggernauts.So I was planning to buy another amp and 4 more 15s or 18s.I'm hoping not to spend more than 700 per woofer if I can and 800 on an amp.So thats about 3600.thats just a ballpark.I'm not including electrical in my estimated budget thats a separate budget.