Second Skin Audio

Quick, Hype R Box.

blahhh... fine

thats all I got on Youtube also was s-10s

guess I was thinking of someone else

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

^Damn. :blink:

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

I also looked long enough, and found actual pictures of the box

edit: Iam slowwwwwww

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i did a 147 with a single 10" type r, n my magnum..... they are good subs for the money, the are picky with their boxes tho

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Well, I got to test out a new Sundown SAZ-1500D today, something I've been looking forward to now for a couple days.

This test was done in my truck. Electrical system consists of 2 Everstart MAXX batteries, a 200 amp alternator, and 4 runs of 1/0 wire (2 positive, 2 negative).

Power results were as follows:

1 ohm, car off:

19.9 x 53.7: 1070 watts, rising to 2.7 ohms. Voltage was only dropping to 12.3!

1 ohm, car on:

20.7 x 54.3: 1090 watts, rising to 2.7 ohms.

In all, for the price this amp is a great buy. I would expect some great numbers out of this amp wired down to .5 ohm and have a little less rise than I experience in my truck. Even with less voltage this amp did a great amount of power. I only gained 20 watts going from 12.6v to 14.6v!

As for the scores, I used my single 15" type-r. Meter was placed in the passenger kick for this test.

Car off: 150.7 @ 44 hz

Car on: 150.9 @ 44 hz

To compare, the kicker zx2500 did a 154.0 @ 44 hz.

Once again, not nearly as much of a gain as the kicker or orion when I turned the car on. Efficiency played a huge role in that as well. The batteries would only dip to 12.2-12.3 while the orion or kicker had no problems dropping the batteries lower than that. Obviously the kicker and orion did more power, but for a $600 RETAIL amp, I'd say it holds its own very well. GREAT PRICE, especially for the power potential.

Overall, its a solid amp for the price and will be a very good daily driver amp for .5 ohm and 1 ohm loads. While I didn't get the power out of it that some others did, I feel that it did very well in my tests. A lot better than the 20.1 did versus the hype surrounding it. ;)

(and yes, I am fully aware of the board that is in the sundown and what amp it used to be in ;))

The next test for this amp (if we have the time) is to test it on a 16v setup and possibly a lower ohm load. Hopefully that will happen in the next week or so.

I loved my type R setup!! I had 4 Type R 12s in a 7.5cu/ft box with 60spin of port tuned to 28hz and it pumped!! I ran them off a Hifonics brutus bx1500d. It got really deep. My opinion, those subs don't need a big box to get loud. I'm thinking 7.5-8.5 cu/ft tuned to 40-45hz would give you what you're looking for. I don't have any picks of the setup but I found this vid of it. At the end it shows the box! Hope this helps!

th_Video000.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone vid!! Didn't own a camera at the time. This was about 3-4 yrs ago

Edited by j_black10

AudioControl
Rockford Fosgate
XSPower

a9cb521a-b3b0-4848-8950-41c45879dd3f_zps