Blew My Highs & Mids I Guess...

Well first off let me say thanks for taking the time to read my thread I really need some advice... Anyways I'll tell you my current audio setup. I have an Eclipse CD5000 head unit, Kicker 07 SS56.2 SS-Series 5 ¼" components in the front, Kicker DS693 6x9 in the rear deck all hooked up to the older version of the Kicker KX350.4 4-Channel Amp. As for the bass I have two 2008 Kicker Solo Barics L7 12" in a 212SQSPB ProBox which has 2.75 cu. ft. per side and its all hooked up to a Rockford Fosgate T10001bd Mono Amp on a 1ohm load.

Anyways I had my car in the body shop.. I went there a couple times and they was block sanding the car with the freakin' windows down and their was paint/bondo dust all over the inside of my car. The inside of my car looked like a powdered donut, no lie.. SO ... I finally get my car back and I'm driving around and notice a scratching sound coming from the front right tweeter. I go to turn up the volume and the speakers start freakin'' out. They play 1 tone very loudly and tuning the volume down doesn't help nor did cutting the power to the head unit. All of a sudden I smell a rubber smell so I hop out the car and pop the trunk and pull out the remote wire to the mids/highs amp. I then took the door panels off the fronts and I see that one of the crossovers had been broken, one of the coils is broken off the board and laying in the pocket of the door. Next I check the rears where I smelled rubber, one of the 6x9s surround seal vibrated loose .. wtf... anyways...

Im pretty sure it wasn't a wiring issue because it check all the wiring and it looks good. I have 1 run of 2 guage from the battery leading back to the truck where plugs into a dist block and slits from 2 gauge to the subs amp and 4 gauge to the mids/highs amp. The ground wire is set up basicly the same way but the ground anchor is mounted in the trunk. It all worked fine before I had it at the body shop so I'm kinda at a loss. Did they crap out cuz of the broken crossover? Am I powering them too much or not enough?? IDK but they need replacing and this will make my 3 set of SS56.2 SS-Series if I decide to get another set.. and them things ain't cheap... Although price really isn't a factor. Maybe I should upgrade to something new? IDK , I know about subs but when it comes to mids and highs idk... Plus it doesn't help that I'm a bit noob at audio.. Anyways.. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Should I upgrade, if so to what?

Thanks in advance,

Kurk

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

the 6x9s are like a stock replacement so they may have been blown form power being put to them.

id recommend testing each speaker outside of the care, either with a tone generator or an outside source, use a dmm to be sure coil is still good. also check amps to be sure somethign hasnt changed setting wise or that the amp isnt messing up

Yeah 6x9's are blown as well as one of the components... I think im just upgrade and switch brands... What do you thing about ... 2 sets of RF P162S 6.5" Components for fronts/rears powered by a RF T400-4? I'm looking at some right now and they come with a 3 year warrenty.. Also they're about 1/2 the price of the kickers and come with 4 tweeters per set. Interesting...... thoughts?

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )

* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement

* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable

i got a set of ks 6&1/2 componits in the front and a set of ks 6&1/2 coax in the back ran off a memphis pr 150.2 and its loud as hell and no probs, but do u play bass threw ur mids? i dont i use midbass (mtx6000 8's) but anyways its prolly how u got the amp tuned cause those comps should take more power than that amp puts out rms@4ohm prolly is around 60@4ohm, ied get another amp but make it 2 channel so when u wire ur comps and rear speakers it will drop to a 2ohm load and run more power, cause ur only runnin that amp at 4ohm each channel and hardly gettin any power from it will make a diff thats why i went with a 2ch for my mids n highs, i think my amp is turned up 1/4 the way and its loud as hell and still clean soundin, but its more efficent to run a 2ch amp @ 2ohm than a 4ch at 4ohm each channel so ur basicly not gettin teh full wattage that amp will do, this is the amp i got for mine http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=2431 and its got more than plenty watts than i need and its still a clean signal to, i unno but that might be it and a second battery will help to but thats my .02

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i got a set of ks 6&1/2 componits in the front and a set of ks 6&1/2 coax in the back ran off a memphis pr 150.2 and its loud as hell and no probs, but do u play bass threw ur mids? i dont i use midbass (mtx6000 8's) but anyways its prolly how u got the amp tuned cause those comps should take more power than that amp puts out rms@4ohm prolly is around 60@4ohm, ied get another amp but make it 2 channel so when u wire ur comps and rear speakers it will drop to a 2ohm load and run more power, cause ur only runnin that amp at 4ohm each channel and hardly gettin any power from it will make a diff thats why i went with a 2ch for my mids n highs, i think my amp is turned up 1/4 the way and its loud as hell and still clean soundin, but its more efficent to run a 2ch amp @ 2ohm than a 4ch at 4ohm each channel so ur basicly not gettin teh full wattage that amp will do, this is the amp i got for mine http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=2431 and its got more than plenty watts than i need and its still a clean signal to, i unno but that might be it and a second battery will help to but thats my .02

Yeah that's what I never got either... I've blows 2 sets now and the amp is no where near powerful enough to power the speakers in the first place. I dont have the gains on the amp turned up more than 1/4 either... there basically set around 1/8 to 1/4 to tell you the truth. Hmmm idk... bass wise... the CSII on the head unit is set on low... but I usally change it to low or off depending on what type of songs I'm listening to. Volume wise I usally play the system around 55 of 80... and the EQ is currently setup for rap. IDK I think it has to be my amp... that think is ancient... its the 03 or 04 version not sure.. Anyways I decided to try out the 2 sets RF P162S 6.5" Components for fronts/rears powered by a RF T400-4 and see how they fair. I got a deal on everything for $345 all brand new and comes with 3 year warranty.

what did the body shop do to the car did they have to remove the door panels ?around here if your car goes into a body shop with a system it doesnt come out with one. :rofl::rofl:

Ermm about $2600 worth in body work. The Body shop is like 10 seconds from my house, I can walk out my front door and see the shop from my door step lol... Wanna see some pics?

maybe dust got in them... scratchy coil

Yeah that might be it as well... like I said the inside of car looked like a powdered donut... lol anyways I made a thread in the rides section if u care...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=32301