First Run Ever On A Tl

so i went in for a second time to see what the caddy can do since the last time. i upgraded the front battery to a yellowtop, hooked up the deka in the trunk and replaced the mighty power acoustik 3000d with a crunch gp3000 and hit 141.2 sealed at 34hz. it sounds great but i still crave more. i think im gonna buy an suv when i come back from deployment.

Seriously man don't let a TL number push you into trying to get louder. If your happy with the way that it sounds don't let the number influence you to buy more equiptment unless you really want to. Right now I'm satisfied with over a 150 in my car with 2 15's and 3K watts, but since I compete I'm going to build a spl only box to do so with. It will be louder than my box that I will continue to use for daily that will do a 150 on music, but it will probably not sound nearly as good as my daily box. There is a trade off in spl. When you start getting higher spl you are going to lose some sound quality and response. Spl boxes play very loud in a narrow frequency range and usually don't sound as good as daily boxes. My daily box is extremely loud and efficient and plays within a db and a half from 37-50hz. There is only a 2.5 db difference from 30hz-55hz and is in the range where most bass in music is at. Now when I build my spl box that roll off will be a 5 hert or so range instead of a 25 hert range. You gotta do what's going to make you happy, but don't let a number discourage you from doing what you are. There are a ton of setups that are way louder than what they meter and my current one right now even metering in the 150's sounds much louder than it actually meters.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

yeah i agree- only once have i ever been happy with a score every other time i come up way shorter than i thought i would. If it sounds good then let it pound :yahoo:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Thanks guys,honestly. If it weren't for the members of SMD and Steve for having a place for people with such a vast knowledge to hang out I wouldn't even be where I'm at. It's not the numbers game I really after it's pretty much a reference to my work. I'd like to compete a little just to see what it's like. But it's more for a learning expirience. It's fairly loud and all but there's this little voice in my head that's like you can get louder it's strange cause to the people around me they're impressed but I still yearn for more it not like I'm looking for a certain score it's just I'm working for that "feeling" that immursion of pressure that is just right for me. After the mla module the caddys setup will be pretty complete. That why I want a new vehicle, a fresh start on a new canvas. Thanks again everyone

playing around with box design and box position would be the cheapest way to get better numbers.

also, idk if this has been said on this thread yet, but the lower you tune, it usually sounds and feels louder, but lower frequencies meter lower too.

thats a good score for a trunk car sealed up at 34HZ.

have you metered with the windows cracked?

i know what you mean though.

spl is like when you try to get with a girl for a while and then when you finally do you've lost the "thrill of the chase" feeling and you want something "louder/hotter"

lol

Archived