Anyone Here A Fighter Jet Pilot?

may be a vague question but i wanna know some info on being a fighter jet pilot. Like how hard is it to become one, how long did it take, hows the pay, how many years in college, requirments, and just general information.

Its something that has always been in my head but ive never brought out and really questioned or talked to anyone about. Im not down for joining the military but this is one exception i may consider. Times are getting hard and i would like to have a more concrete job and something that may actually take me somewhere in life. im doing nothing for myself now so....time to step up.

i know im not army strong, national guard, navy, and such. i got mad respect for the men and woman out there. But being a fighter pilot has always been a suppressed dream.

anyone else with information please feel free to ring in as well. please all seriousness here.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Fighter pilots are Navy ( 9/10 times).

Chode, you gotta understand this, if you fail at flight school they re-asign you as they see fit. Its not "oh you failed? okay go home."

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Fighter pilots are Navy ( 9/10 times).

Chode, you gotta understand this, if you fail at flight school they re-asign you as they see fit. Its not "oh you failed? okay go home."

J

and thats the kind of information i wanna hear. straight forward. i talked to my mom a lil about it and she said theres a lot of math and physics involved when in college so im already at a set back since i cant even do basic algebra
NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Yeah, when I was in 7-9th grade, I wanted to be a commercial airline pilot, and realized the best way to do it was be be a airforce or navy pilot first, for their flight training and then the experience. I joined the JROTC at school for a few years, but hated the military aspect, and sort of gave up on that aspiration in my life.

Like Godsmack said, you could end up being assigned to something you don't want. And as for wanting to be a Jet Pilot, you wouldn't necessarily be doing the glorified things you see in movies. You would probably end up spending more time on the ground then in the air, that is if you actually pass all elements needed to make it.

It may sound like I am trying to rain on your parade, but you need to think about all aspects before you go for it.

Yeah, when I was in 7-9th grade, I wanted to be a commercial airline pilot, and realized the best way to do it was be be a airforce or navy pilot first, for their flight training and then the experience. I joined the JROTC at school for a few years, but hated the military aspect, and sort of gave up on that aspiration in my life.

Like Godsmack said, you could end up being assigned to something you don't want. And as for wanting to be a Jet Pilot, you wouldn't necessarily be doing the glorified things you see in movies. You would probably end up spending more time on the ground then in the air, that is if you actually pass all elements needed to make it.

It may sound like I am trying to rain on your parade, but you need to think about all aspects before you go for it.

i appreciate the honesty. thats what i wanna hear. not anything sugar coated.

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

quick i see a photoshop oppurtunity here :D

i can totally see you in some of those tom cruise ferrari ray-bans hahah

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Chode,

Lemme level with you here man. Its hella simple

Free college

Free health care

Cheap Life insurence

Opportunity to see the world (some by choice some not)

Get in better shape than you thought possible

Consistant Pay

More respect

Discounts on some stuff

Pay will NEVER go down

Cannot be downsized

Have at least a say (sometimes not alot) in where you go

Honestly for you being young, not done with college, and not shit to do for at least 3 years why not man.

Could be worse we could bring the draft back and make you go.

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Chode just go get your pilots licscence, buy a helicopter, strap a buttload of speakers to it and fly around blasting flight of the bumblebee shooting innocent bystanders with a paintball gun...

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Archived