1600w Electrical Upgrades

If all goes as planned, by the time 2009 hits, I'll be running 1600RMS in my Monte Carlo. What sort of electrical upgrades are needed to handle this? I had planned on getting a 2 farad cap, but after some research online I find a lot of people saying caps are useless. New alt and extra battery? Nothing at all? I'm trying to get all the information I need before I even begin ordering anything.

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

your best off upgrading your battery using large guage wire doing the big three and maybe adding a second battery. you can find tuorials on how to do each of those things here in the electrical section

I have about the same rms as you, a RF T10001bd, and a RF T4004, i have a two Kinetik batteries and a 250 amp alt. and lost of 0 awg. wire

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

i ran 0 upgrades for my 1,600 watts for probably 3 months... then bought a new battery, no light dimmage or anything, but it's a bigger car so idk

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Well I'm gonna be running 2 Audiobahn a8000t's pushing 800 RMS @ 2 ohms, so I only plan on running a small amount of 0/1 into a distribution block and splitting it into 2 4g wires, same with the grounds. This is somewhat of a budget build, but I'm not going to compromise performance so I'll just have to be patient and wait until I get the money to afford all the upgrades I need. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the tutorials James.

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

The big 3 is probably the most important of all the upgrades and not to be overlooked and it's not that caps are useless it's just that most do not use them as intended, but instead use them more like a band-aid to try and cure a lacking in power production. In this case your money would be better spent on saving towards an upgraded alternator and decent AGM battery.

~Michael~

Car Godz - Hear it, See it, Feel it, Punch it!

^thats the best way, do it once, do it right

1600watts, consider a second batt if you get a lot of dimming.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived