Starting My A-pillars

dwright27

and the original plan was to flush mount the grille also but it would have went to far through the wood in our opinions so we flushed it a little bit.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Well damn.... If you wanted to run the router ya should of said so.... I didnt make a shit to me.... :)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Well damn.... If you wanted to run the router ya should of said so.... I didnt make a shit to me.... :)

:P

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Yeah about that... We used 3/4" MDF and I didn't wanna leave a really thin flange for him to screw the speakers down to.... Do you guys think we should have stacked a couple of rings to flush mount all the way or what.... never made rings before today , so I didn't know.... the grills are sticking out about a 1/4" over the top edge..... Dustin if they advise something different I will gladly cut you some more out...

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

Yeah about that... We used 3/4" MDF and I didn't wanna leave a really thin flange for him to screw the speakers down to.... Do you guys think we should have stacked a couple of rings to flush mount all the way or what.... never made rings before today , so I didn't know.... the grills are sticking out about a 1/4" over the top edge..... Dustin if they advise something different I will gladly cut you some more out...

John,

honestly im not sure if im even gonna use the grilles man. they arent in a place to get kicked so to speak and the grilles might not be absolutely neccasary.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Its your call... I got a boat load of 1/2 MDF upstairs so I can cut another set and glue them up and all for ya... what ever these guys think is best.

My Kulicki Box Build

my .o2, grills arent necessary, and i dont like the memphis ones anyway

if you want the grills and want them flushed, cut a 1/4 in thick circle and glue it to the top, to bring up the flange to the level of the grille, sand to perfection and fleece it in there

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

okay guess got a question or 2

i was sanding my panels down and came across the question and concern if i was to glass my whole a-pillar how would i mount them back because of where the screws attach them to the frame. i dont wanna just glass the bottom half of the pillars for obvious reasons but i dont wanna not be able to get them back on lol.

can i just cut out my fleece before i glass them or leave a spot open to get to the screw?

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

ok so now i got a question.

when i stretch my fleece can i drop it down inside the ring and staple it to say the underside of the ring?? or should i just pull it tight to the outside of the speakers grille??

Just leave the fleece stretched over the speaker cutout until after you resin it, then cut it out with a razor.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

i was just looking at you holding the ring up and noticed a handle on the a-pillar and thought the same thing

maybe glass the whole thing then poke/drill a hole out from the inside so you can screw in and have the 2 little holes, find some kind of rubber plug for it or something?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived