Second Skin Audio

Kicker 15l7

vj226966

First of all i would like to say Happy Thanksging.I have a 1996 Chevy ext cab 4x4 and i would like to redo my chessy system.I have a Kenwood KDC-3052 head unit with a Persion Power A300 pushing my 6 3/4 Pioneers in the doors.Im leaning towards a pair of Kicker 15L7s powerd by a Kicker2500.1.My question is i need spes for a box to fit behind my front seats.Im going to take out the rear folding seat.I seen a guy on Youtube who has this setup.My local stero shop wants 200.00 to build a box.Is that to much?I have about 1600.00 to spend.When i was in my 20s i had a good set up,but 2kids later and a wife,things changed.I just want to BOOM!!Any ideas?

If we are talking about the same guy he is a member here to. I think he had the same exact setup.

200 seams fair for a custom box espically for that size. Just make sure its well braced. what will it be covered in? is it included in the price?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

If you are wanting boom then some l7's should be good for you. I had one a long time ago and liked it pretty well for some boom. What kind of box is that they are building? what size etc? You need a good 4.5 cubic feet for a ported box for the S15L7's to sound their best IMO.

welcome to the forum btw.

i believe your talking about tubasko's truck, he had 2 kicker 15l7's and a zx2500.1, he switched to dc audio now though. you may want to look into other brands, but if you really are on a budget, the l7's will be a good choice.

200 bucks for a custom box is not that bad, it depends on how good their boxes are, it would be better if you can do it yourself,but you may want to look at thumper's and bjfish's enclosure, they have top notch enclosures.

you may want to look at their work

http://www.poundthatsound.com/

www.FisherCustoms.com/store

welcome to the forum btw.

i believe your talking about tubasko's truck, he had 2 kicker 15l7's and a zx2500.1, he switched to dc audio now though. you may want to look into other brands, but if you really are on a budget, the l7's will be a good choice.

200 bucks for a custom box is not that bad, it depends on how good their boxes are, it would be better if you can do it yourself,but you may want to look at thumper's and bjfish's enclosure, they have top notch enclosures.

you may want to look at their work

http://www.poundthatsound.com/

www.FisherCustoms.com/store

it would be coverd in carpet.They told me they would contact Kicker to get the right specs.The main question i have is being there is the lumps in the floor,how would you set the box?Im not going for a topnotch install,but i dont want it jerry rigged.I could place the box on the bottom half of the seat or take it all out.I liked how that one guy had his setup.Ohh the box is going to be slotted.What would you guys do?1600.00 is bout my limit.Thanks for the quick reply also.Its time to carve the turkey and eat.I will be back in a little though.

you could make some kinda false floor, then bolt it all down. If they have to call kicker for specs id be a little leary?? Try making you own enclosure, there are tons of people to help you out and it would be a fun project.

thank you for the help.ill do some more research

Archived