Second Skin Audio

Need Help On Subbox

Hey Boon, and fischey, if you look at this enclosure again, and just think about it for a second time around.... This actually looks almost like a t-line build. I mean the part the subs are situated in is not much bigger than the rest of the port. It might work anyway, but I know if that part was a bit smaller.... and then if the port was long enough, it would be a straight up t-line.... which we know "can work" if calculated properly.

I mean I hear what your saying Boon, about sufficient loading of the sub.... But when you think about a t-line, one might not expect that to provide enough loading either.... But it does.

Hmmm,

Fish

That's a huge ass port... probably beyond the realistic maximum size you could have for those subs. I don't think it would provide sufficient loading on the back of the cone.

i've seen this work plenty of times my buddy had 2 12 RE SX's in a box just like this big ass port foamed into his saturn and he was burping a 148 doin street C

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

im going with uhoh 45 plan it looks like it will work and as long as it does better 135.1 @49 hz i be very happy

Edited by fischy fisch
lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

Hey fischey, 135 @ 49 ??? That does not sound very impressive at all.

When I think of a box tuned to 49hz, I'm thinking straight up burp-box {loud as hell, but not musical at all}, and as such, it had better do high 140's, if not 150 ! Otherwise, why bother ?

I'm not even shooting for an SPL type of setup, but if I couldn't hit 135 @ 32hz, I'd be downright bummed.....

Hmmmm,

Fish

im going with uhoh 45 plan it looks like it will work and as long as it does better 135.1 @49 hz i be very happy

Hey Boon, and fischey, if you look at this enclosure again, and just think about it for a second time around.... This actually looks almost like a t-line build. I mean the part the subs are situated in is not much bigger than the rest of the port. It might work anyway, but I know if that part was a bit smaller.... and then if the port was long enough, it would be a straight up t-line.... which we know "can work" if calculated properly.

I mean I hear what your saying Boon, about sufficient loading of the sub.... But when you think about a t-line, one might not expect that to provide enough loading either.... But it does.

Hmmm,

Fish

If that was a T-Line the tuning would be WAY high.

The reason a t-line provides loading is because the line is so long, there's a lot of air in it to move. Not really the case here.

Also consider that T-lines aren't recommended for high power applications because they don't offer as much control over the cone as other box designs.

I can see this box working fine for a high power burp-only setup with big-ass high excursion or high power subs but for a regular every-day setup I still think the port is far too big. 100 square inches of port in what, about a 5 cube (after you subtract port and subs) box seems quite a bit on the high side to me.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

the hole 135.1 was the old box i looked good did nothing then it broke i have faith in 140 with it so we'll see

Edited by fischy fisch
lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.