2000lade's Demo/bassrace 12 15" Mojos

didnt you say yoiu was only runnning one like 250 amp alt??

those amps draw like 400 amps each iirc. so even with your battery bank, the 250 amp alt might not be able to charge it fast enough.

did you try with more alternators?? maybe and more runs of 1/0 at the same time.

not just that but you said

but it doesnt do it off 2 amps. only when 4 amps or more are hooked up.

this is because of the ammount of amps you are drawing. it seems to me the alt can charge your batteries when you are pulling the the current draw of 2 amps but once you add more you are pulling so much more that the batteries arent being charged fast enough to keep up with the current draw that the alt cant sustain.

this is why steve runs 4 alts, so he can keep his batteries charged from all the amps the fosgates pull. these memphis amps should be close to the same current draw as the fosgates so i think your answer is more alts man.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

your right Dwright, but also if they are letting the alt charge up the bank of batteries, or charge the batteries with a charger over night, there should be better power storage results than that- I do agree with charging, but they should be able to test it realistically with the bank of batteries fully charged- Thats DB Drag for ya, you can even have the car on at all

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

your right Dwright, but also if they are letting the alt charge up the bank of batteries, or charge the batteries with a charger over night, there should be better power storage results than that- I do agree with charging, but they should be able to test it realistically with the bank of batteries fully charged- Thats DB Drag for ya, you can even have the car on at all

you cant have the car on??

im more of a bass race guy :P

EDIT:

actually its a bassracer so i would think more alts meand more power means higher score bro.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

a big ass bank like that shouldnt be dropping down to 10 volts off a single burp

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I understand that, and you said possible dead cells in one or more of the batteries right? that will help kill the charge

I think charging is an issue, as well as more batteries

Not sure how much of a difference this is, but what about the fact there are 8 batteries of one style, and 6 of another? I figure if they hold different reserve, or CCA, maybe there is confliction there?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

do you still have those 3 sundowns amps ?? maybe try those see if its not your amps themselves

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i dont want to sound like a noob but how exactly do u have 8 amps wired to 12 subs? strapped? that might be why ur only gettin so much wattage is of the ohm load, and are those dual 4 or dual 2? it might just be how u got it wired to subs and ur ohm load aint lettin it do full current, my buddy had one of those mk4's runnin 2 mtx 9500 15's @ 1ohm with 3 batterys n it only dropped to around 12 at full tilt, ied try to wire those amps down as far as i could n try it that way maby more power? i unno exactly how 8 amps would run 12 subs, i under stand if u had 6 amps u could run 2 subs per amp but i unno with 8? lol i kno u kno what ur doin but ied try ohm loads n see what u get?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i dont want to sound like a noob but how exactly do u have 8 amps wired to 12 subs? strapped? that might be why ur only gettin so much wattage is of the ohm load, and are those dual 4 or dual 2? it might just be how u got it wired to subs and ur ohm load aint lettin it do full current, my buddy had one of those mk4's runnin 2 mtx 9500 15's @ 1ohm with 3 batterys n it only dropped to around 12 at full tilt, ied try to wire those amps down as far as i could n try it that way maby more power? i unno exactly how 8 amps would run 12 subs, i under stand if u had 6 amps u could run 2 subs per amp but i unno with 8? lol i kno u kno what ur doin but ied try ohm loads n see what u get?

i was wondering the same thing.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived