I'm 17 and a senior in high school. I've been working in the food business for 2 years now and I'm really sick of it. I started out delivering pizzas for a local pizzeria and that was the coolest job ever. Making money driving around all day jamming, but the gas got way to expensive and people started tipping less because of the economy and I've been working at Mickey Dee's for the past 8 months or so.

Without a high school degree yet and lack experience I really can't get any other job. I was just wondering where you guys worked when you were a teenager and if you have any ideas of a job I could get that would be semi cool.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

movie theaters

and look into your local vending machine suppliers, my job at 16 was 430$ a week to drive around collecting money and filling up vending machines

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

#1. if you still in high school.. idk, if you out with out your diploma, i can help. idk how you meant it but i went online for a few hours took some test and got a real diploma online easy and its real, im in college now, university of Phoenix online for criminal justice. im 24.

what i did when i was 17 or so, is i use to go to 20 yard sells a week buy shit even if i didn't like it and re sold it on ebay,. made over 2000.00 a month, its hard to get going,..

also easy fast money is delivering news papers,. i did it for a while made 225 bucks for about 5 hrs a week of work.

#1. if you still in high school.. idk, if you out with out your diploma, i can help. idk how you meant it but i went online for a few hours took some test and got a real diploma online easy and its real, im in college now, university of Phoenix online for criminal justice. im 24.

what i did when i was 17 or so, is i use to go to 20 yard sells a week buy shit even if i didn't like it and re sold it on ebay,. made over 2000.00 a month, its hard to get going,..

also easy fast money is delivering news papers,. i did it for a while made 225 bucks for about 5 hrs a week of work.

I'm still in high school, but I get out at 11:20 A.M. So I still have alot of day light to do things. I rarely see yard sells around here so I don't know that will work.

I worked construstion for a little bit. Making 12 dollars an hour was amazing with no bills, but when times got rough of course I was the first peson they let go.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I've been working at a local restaurant for 3 years now. Started when I was 16, making minimum wage under the table washing dishes 1 night a week. Did that for 2 months and then was "promoted" to a cook. Now I'm second-in-command (when I'm home from college), having only the kitchen manager above me. Make $15.25 an hour, used to work 35-40 hours a week before I left for school. I love my job, I can't see myself working anywhere else until I get a degree.

Point being: There's good money in the food industry if you find the right place. And plus, ladies love a man that can cook ;)

Edited by donsie
chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

Try working at a grocery store. When I was 17, I was making about $250 a week starting out. A year later, I was taking home about $600 a week plus full benefits, & 401k. (depends on what grocery store you work at, and what state/city you live in)

EG Limo

Chrysler 300's Stretched

Lambo Doors

20" Rims

Nothing wrong with the Pizza biz. I worked for "the Hut" for 13 years before (and during) college and worked my way into mgt. Only left after graduating college for my current government job for less hours and more money.

At least you already know what it is like to have to work for your money!

Keep in mind that you can be pretty happy managing a restaurant, but the hours will usually suck. 55 minimum when I was last there, 80 average weekly.

Forget about the cook, and shift leader, let your store manager and AGM know that you are looking to move up. They will be afraid of losing you when you graduate college, unless you are a business mgt major.

Not too many people are serious about managing a pizza place, so they might start working with you now to prepare you to manage your own store!

If you do, find a friend, hard working serious coworker to take with you as your asst mgr someday. the 80 hour week comes around when you can not trust anyone with your store while you work out all the kinks, or they expect you to save a store that is going out of business!

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Well I only had one job when I was in High School. But that was becuase I played baseball and had no time for a job (only did it during the summer). If you dont mind getting dirty(at first) I would suggest you go and put an application into a tire changing place. I used to work for America's Tires/Discount tires, depending on where you live, and had a blast. The work is not hard once you get used to it. I started off making $9.50 an hour (minimum in CA at the time was ~$7.25) and was pulling in 200-250 a week after taxes.

Also I really don't think that a vending job is good for a 17 year old to be doing. My step dad worked for Continental Vending for 10 years and was so stressed out doing that job. He would rutinely smoke 3 packs of ciggaretts a day. He would leave the house at 5 in the morning and sometimes wouldn't get home untill 11 or so at night.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Started installing when in high school!!FUCK fast food!!

See I wanna do that but the only local audio shop barely does business....and they wont hire anyone. :(

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...