Sundown Audio

Rf T-3000 Repair Info

redbaron80

I'm putting up this post for James / GOTFI

It will be $ 454.00 from RF to repair his amp.

Is there anywhere else he could get it repaired for cheaper?

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

whats wrong with your amp?? might help

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

my boy alpine from team bassick told me the scott from amp repair center would take care of me. i gave scott a call on monday. cool dude. didnt try to rush me off the phone and answered all of my questions. great customer service. got a cheap quote over the phone and i was very impressed. dont get me wrong, i love the RF products and their service, but its getting alittle hard for me to come up with $454 for RF's flat rate service repair every time i send my amp in. scott said the parts are all universal except for the board itself and 95% of the time, the power supply (mofets) burn out. why not have it done at ARC? they use the same mfg parts and they cover the same refurb warrenty. best of all, im saving nearly $200 bucks. just FYI if you need a amp repaired. he should receive it wednesday or so. updates will be posted.

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

The fact that RFs repair fee is flat-rate says to me that they just bin the board and put a new one in.

If you get the RF repair you get essentially a new amp (can't say for sure though...) and your current board might be slightly damaged (burnt PCB/traces) and never be quite as good as it was... then again it might be as good as new with a normal repair on it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The fact that RFs repair fee is flat-rate says to me that they just bin the board and put a new one in.

If you get the RF repair you get essentially a new amp (can't say for sure though...) and your current board might be slightly damaged (burnt PCB/traces) and never be quite as good as it was... then again it might be as good as new with a normal repair on it.

Wrong, they charge 454 no matter what the problem, and they DO NOT change the board. I had a repair from RF, went flawless and could not be happier, but they definately did not replace the board, just fixed what was broke.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

i understand boon. if i did end up sending it to RF and 1 mofet was burned out, they still would charge me $454 for a $6 part. all that $$$$ spent when i didnt need a new board. new board is what i think they install cause the turn around time is fast. im just trying to save alittle cash cause of the holidays. plus, ARC said, worst comes to worst, $350 to replace everything. still $100 less then RF.

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg