i will be getting windows 7 soon

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

i figured it would be similar to vista. i mean, how much can they change? hope it does come out in april.

I agree. It's similiar to Windows 2000 vs XP. Two very similiar OS's, but XP did have improvements. WWindows 7 is the OS Microsoft wanted to release, Vista was just a stepping stone.

plus it doesnt get any easier than an exe file.

I disagree. In ubuntu all you have to do is type "apt-get" followed by the name of the program and it's automatically downloaded, automatically installed, everything. It's incredibly easy. Windows, on the other hand, you have to download the exe manually, hit next, next, next, i agree, next next..... finish.

Both are easy, but once you get the hang of a specific linux distro (apt-get is specific to debian distros) you'll find it makes a lot more sense then Windows and isn't really difficult at all. It's just hard to change since most of us have used Windows for years. I still use Windows to this day though, just way better compatibility for games and other software.

see thats the thing. i dont want to have to type in dumb commands like that. its easier for me to just double click a file and install it that way. plus ive used linux programs and they are very very basic compared to windows programs, like windows media player vs whatever i used in linux.

but i guess if someone "grew up" using linux, they may like it better. its all a matter of opinion.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

plus ive used linux programs and they are very very basic compared to windows programs, like windows media player vs whatever i used in linux.

The thing with most programs on linux is that they are very highly customizable, unlike most Windows applications. The features usually aren't as "in your face," but if you start digging deep there is a lot to be done and the program can be altered to suit your needs.

Not saying there isn't programs like that on Windows because they are, but generally open source software is like that. That's why I usually stick to open source software on Windows, with the exception of big ones like Adobe Photoshop.

but i guess if someone "grew up" using linux, they may like it better. its all a matter of opinion.

Exactly. The persons needs are important as well. For example, if somebody likes playing the latest and greatest PC games linux would be their last choice. Simply not enough support for such software. Also, I think you mentioned speed and on modern hardware it would likely be faster, but the hardware requirements are much less for a linux distro. Depending on the desktop environment being used you can install it on some pretty basic hardware. For example, my mom has a older Dell with a P4 @ 1.8GHz and only 256MB of RAM. I installed Ubuntu on it because 1) It would run much better than any Windows OS on the dated hardware and 2) security would be much better. I haven't had to fix the computer since it's been on there. In that situation I decided it would be a good choice. Firefox was already installed and since all she does is browse the web, she doesn't really get confused by anything. However, all my machines run Windows Vista.

ill agree with you there. the hardware requirements are night and day. linux is much more lightweight. however, being a pc gamer, i love me some windows.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

thats what i am doing Windows 7 is my background of my phone lol... plus i love starting my comp up and seeing a choice between windows 7 and vista it looks sexy..

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

My download is almost done. I'm gonna set up a dual boot on my computer, and also run it on my laptop. I'll let you guys know what i think.

I know what u mean ;)

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Archived