Custom Subwoofer Now For Sale..pg 4

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finished

A few things I'am upset about, my crappy solder iron took a crap out on my finally in the middle of soldering the VC leads to the spider leads, then I bought a new solder iron, the trigger style, actually works alright for $12.99, but then I was using ring terminals for the terminals, someone tossed the bag of m4-40 nuts for the terminals, so I ended up soldering ring terminals when they needed to be tightened down

I had a little bit of lead slap it sounded like, but I think it might have been the amp clipping- Joy

I used the DVC 1ohm coil, not the 2ohm coil I was thinking of- haha oh well, its assembled right, looks tuff, and tested fine while sweeping it

I need new domes!!! I want inverted alum domes, or CF domes, or even poly domes- hint hint- if anyone has any???

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Put that monster on a meter so that we can see what it can do ;) and if you blow it somehow then can show us how u do it with the new dustcaps

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

Thanks ....

Whats gay is that I only have a 4ohm mono amp, 2 channel 2ohm amp- class A/B- nothing special to test this woofer with. I have a temporary sub in my truck now that is a 6ohm parr sub, getting about 350-400rms, built on the same structure as this sub here. This one I just did a little modifying

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Thanks ....

Whats gay is that I only have a 4ohm mono amp, 2 channel 2ohm amp- class A/B- nothing special to test this woofer with. I have a temporary sub in my truck now that is a 6ohm parr sub, getting about 350-400rms, built on the same structure as this sub here. This one I just did a little modifying

damn man, that's the bad thing :sad: all subs should link through and be able to chose ohm loads in an instant... haha

but let's see some vids when it's up and going

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Sub looks great! Got any vids of it playing? :)

I need new domes!!! I want inverted alum domes, or CF domes, or even poly domes- hint hint- if anyone has any???

I got 2 DD 6.5 inch carbon fiber dust caps, but they are closer to 7 inch. One is a tighter weave and the other is a bit larger weave.

Posted Image

I wouldn't mind some large cf domes

sundown.jpg

Sub looks great! Got any vids of it playing? :)

I got 2 DD 6.5 inch carbon fiber dust caps, but they are closer to 7 inch. One is a tighter weave and the other is a bit larger weave.

Posted Image

Oh I thought you said you had some CF domes from the 6.5" DD subs, but those are about 7" CF domes from larger subs.. hmmm

I have like 25- inverted alum domes, but the only problem is, they are TOO inverted, and usually interfere with the soldered leads under the domes, thats why on this sub I used so much RTV so they don't effect the solder, break, or slap against the aluminum dome, the foam padding was meant as a kind of "Pinging" damper- common issue with alum domes

sundown.jpg

Archived