Dale's Dc Build Update 12/18/08

to me it looks like one's outta phase or while one subs in, the others out...

i could be totally wrong and probably are, but did you wire one backwards??? like possitive in the negative slot??

awesome build though man, good work :good:

Looks like the sub on the right is moving quite a bit more than the one on the left. I don't really know why that would be the case because you have the subs mounted in the right location on the face of the box. I don't think that they're too close to one another either. Maybe they are out of phase. It happens easily with dual voice coil subs. Pull em out and check it.

Ok...I pulled out both subs...did the battery test to each coil. All coils work and I had them wired correctly, but for some reason one sub moves more than the other. So I thought maybe it's because one sub is closer to the port and loading differently. I switched them around and NOW the one closer to the port moves more...

The amp is a mono-block so one woofer is not getting more power...the wires are all same gauge and length (I made sure of it.)

so i think it's a problem with that one sub. I wish rusty could chime in and shed some light on this..

dont' know what's causing this.

I think your going to have to fly me out there for a minimum of 7 days so I can thoroughly inspect both subs to see if there is a difference between them or try to determine what would cause this. I can just stay with you to keep costs down. I will start packing shorts and sun screen right away :friends:

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

I think your going to have to fly me out there for a minimum of 7 days so I can thoroughly inspect both subs to see if there is a difference between them or try to determine what would cause this. I can just stay with you to keep costs down. I will start packing shorts and sun screen right away :friends:

lol....everybody wants some of this here tropical paradise eh?

the only thing i can think of that may be causing this is if one of the subs is actually dual 2 ohm and NOT really dual 1 ohm. other than that i just don't know

Just use a DMM to check the ohm load of each sub, and then the load at the amp.

And both subs popped the same way when you did the battery test?

So its always been the same sub moving more? If so, check the spiders and make sure they are on there like they should be. If the subs appears fine, Id send it back and see what Rusty says.

Just use a DMM to check the ohm load of each sub, and then the load at the amp.

And both subs popped the same way when you did the battery test?

So its always been the same sub moving more? If so, check the spiders and make sure they are on there like they should be. If the subs appears fine, Id send it back and see what Rusty says.

I did that. I made it a point of duty to make sure all coils have the same impedance. And they all read 1 ohm like they're suppose to. Physically, the subs look the same. Spider, cone, same stiffness...no hindrances whatsoever. I just don't understand what's going on.

...but they still slump, though. It's just that I know there is some kind of cancellation because of this small issue.

Anyone else care to shed some light?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived