Mechman Alt Not Working/putting Out Power?

yah i got mine hooked up to my astro. i had bought it a few months back brand new and well it died in like 5hrs of idle time it was on the van just idling. its covered by warranty but its just as cheap to just go ahead and buy the rectifier that fried in it then mail it back and have it rebuilt. alot faster too. www.alternatorparts.com is a great site.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

i got it working. my only thing is, when im driving, the voltage is around 13.5-13.8. at idle, itll be around 14.2-14.3 hmmmmmm

Its controled by the computer so its not as simple as making a hot alternator in hopes it will compensate higher. If its 14.3 at idle more voltage would be alot better but at least you can get some charge from 14.3v.

If we can get a module to run your computer then whatever was done to the alt as a harness modified unit wouldn't matter. And maybe get you 14.8v or so. We can look into it if your interested but with it not being a direct plug in alt for your 08 then all we could do is see.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...