Sundown Audio

Modifying An Amp?

mrafrica

ive heard that people have modified amps before (steve) and was wondering how you do that? has anyone done a tutorial on it before on this site? i would apreciate it if someone could help me out with this one.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

oh ok thanks team bassick (alpine) that clears it up alittle bit. chevy boy its called trial and error. the only way to gain experience is to try. if it do do it (which im probibly not gonna do) if i mess up the amp then oh well. atleast i will have learned what not to do next time. and if you knew me in person you wouldnt doubt me like that. this is all i do is work on things all the time. if im not working on some kind of project then something must be wrong. small engine, big engines, electrical, bikes, tractors, garden tractors, trucks, cars,anythign mechanical. i do it all. it may not be perfect ut i try my hardest. some people need to stop being so negative towards others. this isnt the first time that someones doubted me on here. 5th maybe?

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

whats the function of the toroidal transformer? and could any changes be made to that?

^^^i hate when that happens cuz im the same way. Ive though about doing that to my amps, and i probably will once i have enough saved up to buy new ones. Its kinda fun taking shit apart and toying with it. Ive been doing that for a while, dirtbike was my favoirite to toy around with, till she died and it wasnt worth fixing.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

chevy...

Im going to be buying the propper equipment, once i do ill go and fuck with my current amps, just for shits and giggles. That kinda stuff interests me, so why not?

Im probably gunna end up with 2 Fi SSD18s (or something of that nature) and an AudioQue AQ2200D (or something similar) to power them.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.