Sonic Electronix

Why In The Hell Did I Get A Pioneer!

fyi, you can set up your ipod to charge from your head unit

X2. You sure can :good:

EDIT: I run a pioneer deck with an Ipod and I go WEEKS without touching my Ipod. Only time it moves from under the passenger seat is to have some new music put on it.

Junk the flash drive and get a Ipod in there!

Edited by spl explorer

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

you guys might want to check how your loading your music on the flash drive, i had that same problem when i first got mine it had something to do with the way i put my music in the folders.because when i got mad and deleted everything and put it back on it worked fine

Na thats not it, every pioneer does it, ive done research about this problem online and they are all the same. Even does it with CD's.

just dont put them in the glove box.

thats stupid anyway

My i-pod and USB cables are routed in there, and if i use my zune it runs out of battery in about a day of listening to music.

fyi, you can set up your ipod to charge from your head unit

really? never knew that...but it's basically my sisters i-pod now, she's always on that damn thing

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

So why is an iPod better than a flash drive ???

I don't want to have to pay $150 to $300 for an iPod, when I can get a sufficiently large flash drive for $30. The way I see it, an iPod does all kinds of stuff that will never be important to me {and it looks pretty, even though I would just hide it anyway} yet I'd still have to pay for that stuff.... + I'd have to worry about it getting stolen.

Portability of my music means absolutely NOTHING to me {except to get it from my PC to my vehicles}. I don't even want to listen to music anywhere but in my vehicles when driving.... Oh, and my PC has a little 3 way system {not really loud, but very clean}.

So tell me again why an iPod is better ???

Thanks,

Fish

ive heard u could hook up external hd's to hu's with usb inputs? i was wantin to try that with a 500gb external hd but didn't kno if it would work, or if all elts fails get a car puter n email the songs to ur car? lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

If you dont have a Pioneer Head Unit then you dont know what im talking about.

i will say it again..every pioneer does this when the shuffle feature is turned on, no matter if it is a cd/mp3/or flash drive, and it dosent matter what way you went about putting the songs on the previously mentioned devices.

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

ive heard u could hook up external hd's to hu's with usb inputs? i was wantin to try that with a 500gb external hd but didn't kno if it would work, or if all elts fails get a car puter n email the songs to ur car? lol

it might work..but i dont know if portable hard drives use their own program to manage all the files and whatnot, then that would cause the HU to not be able to read the files on the hard drive. The only difference between a flash drive and a big hard drive is the way that data is stored on them and the size of the data that they can hold. But who needs 500 gigs of music anyway?

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

So why is an iPod better than a flash drive ???

I don't want to have to pay $150 to $300 for an iPod, when I can get a sufficiently large flash drive for $30. The way I see it, an iPod does all kinds of stuff that will never be important to me {and it looks pretty, even though I would just hide it anyway} yet I'd still have to pay for that stuff.... + I'd have to worry about it getting stolen.

Portability of my music means absolutely NOTHING to me {except to get it from my PC to my vehicles}. I don't even want to listen to music anywhere but in my vehicles when driving.... Oh, and my PC has a little 3 way system {not really loud, but very clean}.

So tell me again why an iPod is better ???

Thanks,

Fish

Depending on what HU you have you can control you're i-pod through you're head unit so finding songs would be much easier, other than that it's not any better than a flash drive. And if you dont listen to music anywhere cept your house and car then an ipod would be usless to you. Get a big flash drive and you'll be good to go, you dont have to deal with Gaytunes and that crap every time you wanna move songs from your comp to you're device...just plug it in and drag the songs you want on there and you are done.

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

ipod works soooooo much better, man up and buy one, or ask for one for christmas, usb and cd's are junk comparatively

and a 500gig wont work, if i remember correctly it has to be under 320 gigs, less than .5 amp draw, and formatted in fat 32 filesystem

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC