that is so sexy

im guessing youre using non backed stretchable carpet, right? or is it something really special?

do you start stapling at the corners? center? some random spot? start on a short or long side?

Yep..a standard non back carpet is what ya need..yes I start a couple staples on the corners and kind work things around a bit..sometimes you do end up pulling a few staples but only a few..as for the lenth..whatever you can fit..on the bigger boxes I will run half inchers.

Thats a nice wrap job.

what are you using to cover it with? is it like a fleece or something stretchy?

edit: reading>meh :(

I think that every box I ever covered that wasnt painted I used a carpet, and brush on PL Contact cement.

I think what I always did was way more labor intensive and time consuming :(

tho I guess i knew the box was pretty much water tight with all the contact cement rofl

dd.jpg

carpeted1.jpg

carpeted2.jpg

carpeted.jpg

Edited by Bangin Caddy

Its non backed carpet- the speaker box carpet, very strechable- he showed me first hand, I did it, it worked fine

Its especially great for stereo shops where you are doing a quick box But yeah, DrDB made it look to easy for me too when I was at the shop.. lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

usually we would get the carpet at keystons its a local upholsteries shop out here in sac i do believe that i found some brown colored stuff at pep boys once lol was in a rush

must be nice huh

usually we would get the carpet at keystons its a local upholsteries shop out here in sac i do believe that i found some brown colored stuff at pep boys once lol was in a rush

most fabric/upholstery shops have that in a few colors and can get more its just "trunk liner" hella cheap nice raps though i use spray adhesive and staples to hold the rough spots

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

most fabric/upholstery shops have that in a few colors and can get more its just "trunk liner" hella cheap nice raps though i use spray adhesive and staples to hold the rough spots

Thats is one of the nice things about the way I do it....no glue needed.

Thats is one of the nice things about the way I do it....no glue needed.

i was just about to ask you that. so all you do it pull and staple, pull and staple then. if so i might have to try this on a small box to get the hang of it.

----reference's----

meade916