Aluminum + Butyl

• 4 weeks later...

Still nothing from you guys trying to make the stuff huh? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Well either way I gave the window wrap a shot today and turns out, it works, really good.

I had some rattle and vibration like hell on my back panel piece above my box.

Posted Image

Pulled it off and added just ONE layer of window wrap and it fixed the rattle and noise.

Posted Image

So my conclusion is this stuff works. The only downfall is the so called "self adhesive" on it is nonsense. However there's another cheap fix to that. Spray adhesive. Still cheaper than sound deadener.

So how's the home made stuff coming along guys? :rolleyes:

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Lol nice find on the windowwrap. When my dad did car stereo he used some window insulator stuff that was made out of butyl, but it was called Window Wrap I asked him why when i was little he said to insulate it. I didnt understand at the time but i guess he had the right idea about 15 years ago haha. I might see how the window wrap stuff works in layers tho seeing as they dont carry the stuff my dad used back then.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Archived