Sonic Electronix

Which Setup Would Sound Better

I am in a littler predicament here, I will be installing a new system in either a 2004 F150regular cab (it has the extra room behind the seat) or my 87 El Camino. I will be upgrading the battery and alternator and putting in Hush Matt also. I have been doing some serious research and have narrowed it down to three brands. Let me also say that I am trying to go with the same equipment subs, amps,comps, processor and head unit(if possible). I know this may sound stupid but to me it isn't. So here's what I have gotten so far.

Head unit is the same for all set ups.

Alpine iDA-X100 and the processor will either be a Alpine PXE-H650 or a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2.

First set up:Alpine

Subs - SWX-1043d (2)

Sub Amp - PDX-1.1000

Comps - SPX 17pro

Comps Amp - PDX-2.150

Second set up:Rockford Fosgate

Subs - T210D4 (2)

Sub Amps - T20001BD

Comps - T162s

Comp Amp - T5002

Third set up:JL Audio

Subs - 10w7 (2)

Sub Amp - HD750/1

Comps - ZR650

Mid Bass - ZR800

Comp/Mid Bass Amp - HD600/4

I have also looked at Orion, Pioneer, and Polk, but unsure about quality from top to bottom of equipment. So those are still on the plate just not 100% sold on them as of yet. Of course I was looking at there top of line equipment also. I would appreciate any feed back positive or negative on the equipment. All equipment will be installed and set up by my local stereo shop also.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

i personally like the JL setup but feel you dont have enough sub amp there for 2 w7s. the alpine setup also would sound great properly installed. the RF comps dont hold a cabdle to either of the other 2 imo, but your get more volume out of the substage/

If your not adamant about 1 single brand you can piece together alot better then any of those setups by buying the best of what each company makes and maybe buying some none mainstream items.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that the 1st setup would probably sound the best Alpine is pretty reputable when it comes to producing a good sounding sub with great output

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

i dont know why you want everything to be the same brand, but if you were to go with the JL comp set, with some DC lvl 3 or 4s on a sundown saz1500, i think you would be very happy... but thats just me... but if you wanted all the same brand, the alpine woud be the best you have there...

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Truck is down and out for a while

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

Archived