Why is it they seem to try to compare Biggie Smalls to Tupac? Lyrically they were in 2 separate categories. No disrespect to Biggie but he couldn't hold a candle to Tupac lyrically. In my honest opinion the only reason why his career was as big as it was is because of the beef between him and Tupac, now they have gone and made a movie about him. Biggie may have been good but to say he was one of the greats is giving him a little too much

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Because of their beef during the time period of a rap movement...That is all ;)

And honestly i dont give a shit about rap, it's cool to ride to and listen to, but 90% of shit that comes out today is middle school lyrics, with good beats...its starting to sound childish to me...BUT if i could make millions off of talking bullshit on tracks, id do it in a second :D

and also, the reason i put Tupac above all is that he could make an effective song on many different subjects. nearly EVERY fucking rapper out today does nothing but bullshit about drugs and ladies and rims and shit...honestly, who gives a fuck if u have mad bitches? we dont care about it, or your jewelry, give the listeners something to digest and look forward to. It really is getting annoying. Notice that most of the greats were humble in some way.

/rant, and im also looking forward to the new eminem cd....

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Why is it they seem to try to compare Biggie Smalls to Tupac? Lyrically they were in 2 separate categories. No disrespect to Biggie but he couldn't hold a candle to Tupac lyrically. In my honest opinion the only reason why his career was as big as it was is because of the beef between him and Tupac, now they have gone and made a movie about him. Biggie may have been good but to say he was one of the greats is giving him a little too much
I Agree! Growing up being the biggest 2pac fan as a kid and hating Biggie's guts was priceless as a kid. I was also wondering if the new Notorious movie would be worth watching. Anyways Biggie did it to himself thinking it was cool to hit the streets of cali like the bloods werent gona touch him. Again his case may go unsolved but at the end it was Suge who put him 6 feet underground and basically still got away with it after all these years. Know for the 2pac unsolved mystery case its still not gona get solved til this day. Alota ppl point the finger at the local Crips and some think it was kurrupted Suge. Either way I miss Pac and nobody will fill his shoes. :angry:

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

I Agree! Growing up being the biggest 2pac fan as a kid and hating Biggie's guts was priceless as a kid. I was also wondering if the new Notorious movie would be worth watching. Anyways Biggie did it to himself thinking it was cool to hit the streets of cali like the bloods werent gona touch him. Again his case may go unsolved but at the end it was Suge who put him 6 feet underground and basically still got away with it after all these years. Know for the 2pac unsolved mystery case its still not gona get solved til this day. Alota ppl point the finger at the local Crips and some think it was kurrupted Suge. Either way I miss Pac and nobody will fill his shoes. :angry:

Empathy_bear.jpg

You're right you couldn't compare 2pac to Biggie when it came to lyrics. To piggyback off of what Finkster said, Pac had some tight ass lyrics and his delivery let the listener know how he felt about what he was saying. I think Biggie's lyrics were tighter but his delivery wasn't as strong as Pacs. Remember on Hit'em Up how Pac started going off at the end. That was real emotion. If these two were alive today the rap game would be totally different and I can honestly say that Wayne would not have sold a million in a week. Those cats were real and regardless of what anyone say.....they were the best. I am one of the ones that listen to music because of the lyrics not because of how the bass line can make someone's hair move. Also I'm tired as hell of all this synthesized shit. Why does a rapper need to synthesize their voice?

If a lot of young cats could go back and listen to some of the real OGs of rap then they'll see how far it has come. Hell I remember seeing Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Whodini, and LL Cool J in concert in 85 after his first tape (yeah no cds back then) dropped. Believe it.....rap goes beyond bass lines.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

You're right you couldn't compare 2pac to Biggie when it came to lyrics. To piggyback off of what Finkster said, Pac had some tight ass lyrics and his delivery let the listener know how he felt about what he was saying. I think Biggie's lyrics were tighter but his delivery wasn't as strong as Pacs. Remember on Hit'em Up how Pac started going off at the end. That was real emotion. If these two were alive today the rap game would be totally different and I can honestly say that Wayne would not have sold a million in a week. Those cats were real and regardless of what anyone say.....they were the best. I am one of the ones that listen to music because of the lyrics not because of how the bass line can make someone's hair move. Also I'm tired as hell of all this synthesized shit. Why does a rapper need to synthesize their voice?

If a lot of young cats could go back and listen to some of the real OGs of rap then they'll see how far it has come. Hell I remember seeing Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Whodini, and LL Cool J in concert in 85 after his first tape (yeah no cds back then) dropped. Believe it.....rap goes beyond bass lines.

I feel ya 100% I mean ill play some crap for the beats and bass jus cuz of the basshead in me but i listen to rap/hip-hop for the lyrics. I recently brought my old Fab Real talk album and been playin that lately, that album so raw lol

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

It's good to know that people agree. I miss the days when rap was about your skills on the mic and how you could move a crowd. Greats like Big Daddy Kane, Run DMC, LLCool J (a lot of people don't like him anymore but no one can match his longevity in the rap game). Now they have crap like Li'l Wayne, Souljah Boy, T-Pain (who couldn't hold a note in his pocket) Don't get me wrong some of these artists have nice beats with their songs but lyrically they all suck.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

It's good to know that people agree. I miss the days when rap was about your skills on the mic and how you could move a crowd. Greats like Big Daddy Kane, Run DMC, LLCool J (a lot of people don't like him anymore but no one can match his longevity in the rap game). Now they have crap like Li'l Wayne, Souljah Boy, T-Pain (who couldn't hold a note in his pocket) Don't get me wrong some of these artists have nice beats with their songs but lyrically they all suck.

there still lotta hella good rappers out there its jus you gotta dig for em cuz they aint whats hot right now :rolleyes:

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals