So, I have been thinking about getting a dog lately, and I really wanted to buy an English Bulldog, but I am really leaning towards adopting one instead. I was just wondering if anyone on here has any experiences with adopting a dog. I know it would be ALOT cheaper than buying an English Bulldog, but that really doesn't matter to me. I just really would like to give a dog a second lease on life, if you know what Im saying. So, have any of you guys adopted a pet before? What was the whole process like? How did things turn out?

Thanks alot guys.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

So, I have been thinking about getting a dog lately, and I really wanted to buy an English Bulldog, but I am really leaning towards adopting one instead. I was just wondering if anyone on here has any experiences with adopting a dog. I know it would be ALOT cheaper than buying an English Bulldog, but that really doesn't matter to me. I just really would like to give a dog a second lease on life, if you know what Im saying. So, have any of you guys adopted a pet before? What was the whole process like? How did things turn out?

Thanks alot guys.

We adopted our dog, Jack, from the city shelter about 8 years ago. He was about 6 months old when we adopted him and has been a great dog. He had Parvo when we adopted him, so he spent his first week as our dog at the vet, but he made it. Had he not been adopted when he was I think the shelter would have put him down because of the Parvo.

We adopted our dog, Jack, from the city shelter about 8 years ago. He was about 6 months old when we adopted him and has been a great dog. He had Parvo when we adopted him, so he spent his first week as our dog at the vet, but he made it. Had he not been adopted when he was I think the shelter would have put him down because of the Parvo.

IMAG0004.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

we adopted a cat that was extreamly sick because we figured we could give her a good life..(great cat) and we adopted a pitbul lab mix.. SMARTEST DOG EVER... would tease the shit out of my mom she would try to go to sleep so when she got her feet past where he couldnt see them on the stairs he would bark... she would walk down he would go and seriously POINT at the cats.. then one day she got sick of it and let him go.. he peed on all 4 of her cars new tires and i went outside and let him in and let him sleep in my room lol GOOD DAYS.. adopted ftw.

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

Awesome, guys. I am running down to the SPCA today to talk to them about the whole adoption process, and everything today before I go to work. I am really interested in getting this one dog in particular. He seems to be exactly what im looking for.Briane12-08.jpg

Edited by 01xtreme

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I wouldn't do it any other way. Kingsuv is on the right track there- I'm going to find a rot next time :)

Our dog (they named him Kenny and we never changed it) is a lab/rot mix. We actually got him 'on sale' from the humane society because they were about to put him down since they had him over a year.

Great dog- smart, loyal, gained 15lbs in the last year- he was so skinny when we got him. Tons of great animals get put down because they aren't pure bred, but they're normally healthier/better pets anyway imo.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

never done it before. but i just think the idea of giving a dog another chance is just awsome. congrats man hope u find what your looking for

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

mutts are the best dogs

since i can remember, i think we've adopted about 4 different dogs, and maybe 4 cats? and rescued like 4 others.

my cat when i was a kid was adopted, my sister's was found by my mom in a dumpster at a restaraunt, she was walking to her car and heard meowing, and my mom's was part of a litter found in a storm drain by some lady at work

imho i dont see the point of raising purebred animals when there THOUSANDS of healthy loving animals available for free basically free, i get that having your purebred shitzu is a status symbol, but its a living breathing feeling being, not a gucci bag. Rescue one or two instead of creating the demand to bring more in to just be put down needlessly

Edited by raytard

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I just got a English bulldog about 6months or so. Great dog, and great bulldog personality. I had been looking for almost 2 years for the right dog, I looked at local breeders and could not find anything that was a dog that I wanted. I started to find local bulldog rescue leagues and almost got into the program until I found out that its more like a foster home thing. Finally after two years I found a breeder that I liked and that was breeding wonder full bulldogs. And I could not be more happy. Adopting dogs is great, and if I could have found a bulldog at a shelter I would have gone that route. But there is no dog like a bulldog and thats what I wanted so I payed more then what I would have if i would have adopted. But it was worth the time and money. Bulldogs are great dogs.

DSCF0414.jpg

Sarge 7 months old

sarge2.jpg

Sarge 5 months old

Edited by NotoriouslyLoud