Amazinblazin10's Blazer Log

got a quick question did you drill the holes for integrity issues never thought of that looks good bro wanna see the numbers soon lol

I think the holes were originally from Thumpper's epic kerfed boxes - helps to draw the resin into the kerf cuts I believe.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I think the holes were originally from Thumpper's epic kerfed boxes - helps to draw the resin into the kerf cuts I believe.

your exactly right...

sometimes the resin doesn't get down in those kerfs real easily and those holes allow for the resin to fall down in there and let most of the air escape.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

its kind of hard to see, but some of the kerfs arent open at all and with out the holes there for the resin to fall into and spread through the kerf cut, there would be no reinforcement at all in those particular kerfs. This is only the 2nd kerf box i have worked on and this is Jeff's first so there are still some things that need to be figured out in the process to get everything so they turn out perfect and with totally even spacing.

All in all for a couple of rookies (LOL) I think the ole girl is turning out pretty bad ass...

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Only your first and second attempts at a box of this caliber?!?!?! Must say, DA*N nice job so far man!!! There is something about kerf cuts that just make a box (or any wood project for that matter) looks so much more professional.... awesome job so far, definately subscribed to this one. I might have to use some scrap wood and test out this technique, seen it plenty but never had the guts to give it a try. Any type of materials better to do this with than others?

Only your first and second attempts at a box of this caliber?!?!?! Must say, DA*N nice job so far man!!! There is something about kerf cuts that just make a box (or any wood project for that matter) looks so much more professional.... awesome job so far, definately subscribed to this one. I might have to use some scrap wood and test out this technique, seen it plenty but never had the guts to give it a try. Any type of materials better to do this with than others?

uhmm not for sure to that question but i would think MDF would be the best bet for doing kerf cuts but hey there might be something else out there.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

as far as certain woods being easier than others, in my experince so far, the lighter colored mdf is much easier to deal with that Home Depot carries around here. Lowes carries MDF that has more of a redish tint to it and although it seems to be more dense and works great at making a stonger enclosure for just about anything you can think of, it tends to want to crack more and sometimes break due to its brittleness when only a 1/8th of an inch is left of material where it is being bent. Baltic Birch is another wood that is very good for kerf work, but it is rather pricey if you get the real stuff and all that is avaliable around this area in baltic are 5x5 sheets in 3/4 inch and they run 80 bucks + tax per sheet.

My suggestion would be to try it on some scraps, get a feel for how the bends are working and what depths and spacing work best for what degree of a corner you are trying to get and get after it. all spacing on this box is a kerf cut every half inch.

I wish you luck.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Archived