Bibby's 92 Civic (update 05/03/09: Finished! Car Drives & Runs. Pics & Vids)

OK, so i got up this morning, and drove 80 miles from TX to Marshall TX. My dad met me there with his trailer. I parked my car at a local motel and we took off to Tyler TX. We are now riding in his truck another 60 miles to Tyler. Met up with the guy and looked over the car. Looked just like the pics so we loaded it up. Then we drove back to Marshall. Once there I got back in my car and we drove to . This took from 10am to 5pm. I had to drop it off real fast, and head to work. When i got home from work i pushed it into the garage and looked it over a little better. All 4 tires and basically brand new, $200. It has a set of coilovers, prolly ebays, but roughly $100. Also, It has an alarm Keypad but i need to hook up a battery to find out if that works. along with the elec windows and locks. All in all, i think its good for $300. My dad suprised me when we got there, and paid $50 of it for me for a Christmas present! Sweet deal. My next day off i'll push it out of the garage and take some better pics. That guy sucked at taking them, and my garage is too small tog et any good ones. anyways, here are pics from the trip!

Posted Image

Speed I drove down there.

Posted Image

And the two guys that ran with me.

Posted Image

Met up with my dad and his 3/4 ton.

Posted Image

Loaded it up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Back to Marshall and in my car following him to my house

Posted Image

All 4 tires are like this.

Posted Image

mmmmm, surprises are always nice.

Posted Image

Just a couple of pics in the garage.

Posted Image

I love the EG front end! *skeet*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The back was real low, and the front was up high.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure i'm going to find a d16y8 to put in it. I kinda underestimated how much forged stuff costs for boost. As of right now, priorities are: Finish bagging truck, find motor/tranny for car, and get it running, then start saving for boost. Once i get all the stuff i need for boost, including engine internals ill pull it back out and start boosting it. Right now, 1st thing 1st is finishing my truck. I should have it done sometime in January or February, then the engine search begins. Don't think this means there won't be updates. This Sunday is cleaning day. I'll have some before and after pics of the inside, door jams, and all that. It's nasty, and i know how to clean a car, so look forward to those pics. Then it will be de-rice time. putting stock tails and corners on the car. I cant wait to do this!

I just went outside and leveled the car. The coils on it were all uneven. Now its all evened and slammed! just like an EG should be! B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some before and afters of the drop.

Back Before

Posted Image

Back After

Posted Image

Front Before

Posted Image

Front After

Posted Image

No.

You may have missed that, so ill give ya a watered down version.

I got promoted and transferred here, got a nice ass place with a big shop, signed a month to month lease thinking it was a good thing being as ive never rented, but always owned. Then the guy sells the house out from under us 2 months into it. So we moved to this place. We've been here 4 months now with no problems. On a year lease. its 3bed 2 bath with a garage, and a studio apartment above it. its connected to the house with a huge deck on the side of a hill looking down over the lake. pretty tight place, but lost the shop. I lived in the same house for 4 years since i moved out when i was 17 til i moved up here. I dont move alot so when that happened i was pissed.

ive always hated that year civic. its just the looks of it that gets me. originally when you spoke aobut this i assumed it was a hatxh for some odd reason. still seems like a cool project though, gl on all the work and the 300hp

I'm starting to feel a lot better about this. After a much needed bath and cleaning of its insides, its starting to to form. First thing i did was knock all the dirt in the jambs loose and shop vac it out. Then i shut all the doors and sprayed water at full presser into the jambs. This method got most all of the dirt out. After i washed it, i hit all the jambs with a wet rag and dried them up. Came out real good. Then i got all the trash and parts out of the interior, pulled the front 2 seats and vacuumed the carpet thoroughly. It has a real bad soda stain under the drivers seat, but other than that its better than i expected. After i get it running, I'll pull the carpet and clean the floor and put new insulation and carpet down. Then i cleaned the dashboard, and all int panels with a wet rag. At this point, its looking pretty damn good. now instead of looking like a piece of shit from the junkyard, it looks like a descent car that simply doesn't run. Of course that will soon be remedied. I couldn't find my polish so I don't get to work on the paint any. I'll go buy some in a day or so and see what i can do with the paint. Here are the pics from the day...

Just a walk around of the dirty car since i haven't got any daylight pics yet. (Thsoe are my two pickups in the background. The red chevy has 82000 original miles, and the black gmc is the truck i am in the process of putting air ride on.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Of course the exhaust isn't full, just a fart can. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived