Bibby's 92 Civic (update 05/03/09: Finished! Car Drives & Runs. Pics & Vids)

Damm thats an auto. Gonna be hard work converting. You should run the b16B or b18. those are sick engines

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

• 1 month later...

Well, its been a minute, but 2 months, and 400miles later i have a d16y8. :)

I am going outside right now to put it in. I have pics from the trip to get it, but i have to get my cable. I'll put those up along with the engine going in pics tonight. Stay tuned...

not to sound like a douche or make it seem like you don't know what you are going but you know that you need a special auto to manual trans mount right? well you don't NEED it but the motor will sit crooked.. again sorry if you already knew that, just trying to help out

What a fucking weekend, and start to a vacation. (Summary)

My vacation started Thursday at 2pm, and will end this coming Thursday at 8:30am. Thursday was my birthday, and the weekend i planned to go get my motor. So Friday afternoon i took off to Monroe LA to pickup the d16. My mother lives there, so I spent the night with her Friday night. Some old friends from when i lived there were having a LAN party the whole weekend, but i took my computer, and just stopped by Friday afternoon for a couple hours.

Friday. I left here at 12:00 and got to Monroe at 3:00. I met dude, and assessed what we were going to be doing the next day. Didn't seem too bad, but boy was i fooled, and did mother nature have a trick up her sleeve. I left and met my mother about 5:00 for a craw fish dinner. mmmmmmmm They were really good. We hung out for a few hours, then i went to the LAN party. I played Counter-Strike and Left4Dead till about midnight and went back to my mothers to sleep.

Saturday. I was supposed to meet my dad at the car (He was coming from a different town with the truck air compressor, and engine hoist. parents are divorced) at 10am. He didn't get there til about 11ish. He brought my cousin with him. cool. Extra help! :) We realized we didn't have any pry bars, so i went to get some. By the time we started, it was 12ish. I had planned to be done by then, and on my 3hour trip home. It was 55deg when we started. When we finished, it was 40deg, cloudy, rainy, and fucking wet. the wind was also gusting to about 20-30mph. fucking gay. Well we finished about 4:00. We went and had pizza, then came home. I got home about 8:00, watched 2 law and orders, took a shower and went to bed.

Sunday. Dad gets to my house at about 9am. He actually lives about halfway between me and my mother, so he spent the night at home, and drove up this morning. We started to get going and realized he left his tools at home. It was also 28deg at 9am, so we went to buy some tools to kill some time till it warmed up, i checked on my store, ate lunch, had a wreck, and came back to start at about 2pm. Did i mention the wreck? Yea, what a fucking drag. We had just made our last stop, and were coming back home. I was in the turning lane, and this lady decided she should turn into it as well, and smacked us in the front. In my brand new 2008 civic. Its a year old, but i still treat it like its only got 6 miles on it. We called the cops, exchanged info, and left the scene. BTW, my 2008 civic drove away, and her late ninety's ford had to be towed. hahahahaa. it knocked her wheels crooked. So we get home at 2ish, and start doing the motor swap. We got almost finished and it got dark on us. The plan was to swap my d16y8 into the car and run it as auto until taxes came in to do a manuals swap. I decided against this as it got dark, so we are just going to wait on taxes to do the swap, and finish it then. Also, the wreck was starting to set in, and after spending the 1st 3 days of my vacation on the road, swapping motors in freezing temperature i am just like fuck the world. Maybe ill feel better tomorrow. It was a bittersweet weekend. Hopefully insurance goes my way in the wreck, cause it could be construed as we hit each other in the turning lane, but i was actually stopped, and saw her coming at us. there was nothing i could do. She wasn't looking our way, and hit me.

Enjoy the pics...

Chronological order, BTW.

geh what a pain. really. a fucking pain. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

What all the trouble was for.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hooking the cherry picker up.

Posted Image

And snatched it out

Posted Image

Posted Image

We took the tranny only because we didn't want to take the time to unhook it right then. Its pretty much scrap metal.

Posted Image

Cruise control set, and heading home. Interstate the whole way. :)

Posted Image

How many miles total when i got back home

Posted Image

This is what under the hood looked like when i bought the car.

Posted Image

Archived