Second Skin Audio

Is This True?

caddy-that would be ok. i built my box a little on the small side so i would not have to rebuild it when i get my new amps. and if i did the math right it would raise my tuning to 41 herts from 38. which is also fine it would help on the mic.

----reference's----

meade916

noobtastic what do you mean by you also need to be as in phase as possible with your fronts.

i thought that as long as you wired the speaker/subwoofers carrectly they would all be in phase.

----reference's----

meade916

its case dependent. In my truck the sound sounds A LOT better and louder the with sub 180 out of phase with the speakers. With the sub in phase the output drops by atleast 4db I have no idea why though.

Indeed. It's all about path lengths and how the wave is phased when it meets the wave from your front speakers. Infinitely adjustable phase is nice but sometimes just a good old 180 phase switch can work wonders.

Generally flipping the phase won't change your burp score on the meter a single bit, but it can have a massive effect on your midbass, as mentioned here.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!