Computer Speakers

Like the vast majority of people on here, I really enjoy listening to music. Normally, when I am listening to music on my computer, I just use headphones, but that can be somewhat inconvenient, especially when trying to let someone listen with me.

Anyway, I'm looking for a 2.1 computer speaker set. I'm mainly using it to listen to music, though they will see the FPS every once in a blue moon. I don't want anything extremely extravagant (i.e. building my own system using home theater subs, etc); I want a system in a box that I can unpack and hook up.

My price range is relatively flexible, but I'm looking for something that is $100-120, though if it is cheaper, that is definitely a good thing. I'm mainly going to be listening to rap/hip hop/R&B, though playing various sub-genres of rock, techno, and another genre that is a mix between folk and blues won't be uncommon. Basically, lows are my main consideration, but not at the expense of mids and highs.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Logitech Z-2300:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...P2/ref=dp_olp_2

My friend has these, along with a set of Logitech Z-5500 (~$400). The bass is much cleaner and much louder on the Z-2300. Does start to get distorted at ~90% volume though (most I've heard in this price range do).

Those are actually what I was looking at. Couldn't find anything that I thought was better than that without jumping up into the $150-$300 range. Just wanted a second opinion before I pulled the trigger.

Now I need to decide whether I want this or Rock Band more.

I'm still open to other suggestions. (Though I doubt anyone is actually watching this thread.)

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

a while back i tried hooking up my 15's to my stereo and i blew da damn stereo in the house so i took all those speakers i stripped the wires and hooked them up to my computer speakers and they work fine crisp sound $0.00 yay for me lol

EDIT: wait i lied... i paid 300 for the damn stereo that i blew... ahhh WHAAAAT THAA FHUUUKK... when the guy said "would u like to buy insurance...and i said no its okay i wont need it....that was a mistake lol

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

im a bit logitech fan (check out the avi its a z-560 sub) but id def recommend going with the z-2300 theyre some badass 2.1 speakers

Is that an older model or something? Because I can't find anything about it on Logitech's site. And the only thing I'm coming up with related to avi and speakers is this:

http://www.avihifi.com/index.html

And that's just a little out of my price range.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I bought these about 4 days ago and boy I love them. They hit prettty damm hard and pick up every low except for below 20hertz. here they are http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...3051&catid=

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200