Sonic Electronix

I made my first box. It has a pioneer 10" and a SPL Audio Series I amp that I bout off of a friend that was sitting in his room. I finally got to test it today but it is showing me the protect light. Its not the RCAs and I've tried 3 different grounds. Any suggestions???

71ocut.jpg

Does it ever power up or go straight to protect?

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

you just have to trouble shoot it, make sure you are getting a good acc power and 12volt and you need to do better than just touch the grounds, take the paint off and ground it that way, if that doesnt work make sure the woofer is good, then i would look at the fuses on the amp, after that i would guess that the amp is shot

TEAM NEMESIS

my system

1) us amps MD3D, us amps md21

2) kicker solo x 12 in 2.7ft^3 at 37hz

Meca scores

1 xxx12" 141.8db at 40hz,

1 18 rd alpha v.2 145 db at 38hz , 2 12 orion hp 144.9 at 43hz

Refs: hollatchaboy, schrummy, nitro_freak1,Brandon15zzz,Hellbound Train

check the fuse off the batt and the acc wire and and make sure that they are conected to the right terminals. also is the woofer wired to a lower ohm load than the amp can handle, there are many things that can go wrong with an amp one good way to tell if its gone is to take another amp and hook it up to what you have and see if that one works

TEAM NEMESIS

my system

1) us amps MD3D, us amps md21

2) kicker solo x 12 in 2.7ft^3 at 37hz

Meca scores

1 xxx12" 141.8db at 40hz,

1 18 rd alpha v.2 145 db at 38hz , 2 12 orion hp 144.9 at 43hz

Refs: hollatchaboy, schrummy, nitro_freak1,Brandon15zzz,Hellbound Train

I dont know what your using for a power source, but the problem maybe that your powersource does not have a high enough current to turn the amp on. Most likely that is not the case.

If need be carry the amp out to your car, open the hood and try using the car battery for a better power source.

If your having a problem with the amp, the best way to eliminate possibilites is to try and power the amp up with just the positive, negative, and remote connections. Leave the speaker and rca cords disconnected.

Just a side not too, you should always connect the amps ground before the positive and remote. You can easily mess up an amp if not fry it by powering it up with no ground. Im saying this because you said "as soon as i touch the ground it goes into protect". When the power and remote are hooked up, and you have whatever you are using for a power source or even a car on with no ground, the amp will search for a ground and try to ground through whatever it can, if it fines no source for a ground it could fry or damage the amp beyond use.

The SPL amps are pretty much garbage and low grade amps (worse then things like jensen, power acoustik) and rate along the lines of boss, pyrmid, pyle, etc. The build quality is not the greatest so anything little could jepordize the amps ability to function.