When It Rains It Pours...

Well I was on my way to Dallas from Houston to see my family for Christmas and what happens? Clutch goes out....on Christmas eve at 10 pm in the middle of no where on I45. So my dad is on the way from Dallas to pick me up and I guess I'll pay out the ass to have my car towed back to Houston tomorrow.....140 miles. Talk about an early Christmas present

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

yea the first thing i did before leaving it there was contact the local sheriffs department to let them know it was gonna be there for a day or so, they said no problem. so after calling a few wrecker services and them telling me it was gonna be about 6-625 i said hell no. so i ended up getting a tow dolly and 12 foot uhaul which ended up being about 220 which half of that my g-ma paid for so not to bad.... i pull up with the uhaul to my car and notice that both locks on the front doors are gone. so i pop the window down and notice that my cd player is gone. then i look in the back seat and notice that the lock to open the seats to get in the trunk has been hulled out. well Fortunately they weren't able to get in the trunk so my 18 and 1500d are still in there but now i have to replace my front 2 door locks and the rear seat lock. they also fucked up the trunk lock too but i can still open the trunk from the front so no prob there. i was actually wanting a new head unit also so that gives me a reason to buy a new one. so now to the clutch problem. already got an estimate...215 for labor if i buy the clutch, 575 clutch installed. so im going to look around and try to maybe get a semi-racing clutch for around 4-500. this kinda shit right here makes me wish i had a new car...

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Sucks for sure.

Really sucks that you didn't drive it back home without the clutch ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

all i can say is holy shit!! I hope you get a new deck, and that clutch fixed. The locks shouldnt be to hard to fix tho... GL on fixing it

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Truck is down and out for a while

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

insurance should cover some of that shit and remember take it easy on the new clutch for the first 500 miles because the NO clutch is perfectly flat and round so it has to grind it self down to what it needs... and just dumping the clutch will cause you nothing but problems... i always wait for atleast 1000 miles....

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

yea the first thing i did before leaving it there was contact the local sheriffs department to let them know it was gonna be there for a day or so, they said no problem. so after calling a few wrecker services and them telling me it was gonna be about 6-625 i said hell no. so i ended up getting a tow dolly and 12 foot uhaul which ended up being about 220 which half of that my g-ma paid for so not to bad.... i pull up with the uhaul to my car and notice that both locks on the front doors are gone. so i pop the window down and notice that my cd player is gone. then i look in the back seat and notice that the lock to open the seats to get in the trunk has been hulled out. well Fortunately they weren't able to get in the trunk so my 18 and 1500d are still in there but now i have to replace my front 2 door locks and the rear seat lock. they also fucked up the trunk lock too but i can still open the trunk from the front so no prob there. i was actually wanting a new head unit also so that gives me a reason to buy a new one. so now to the clutch problem. already got an estimate...215 for labor if i buy the clutch, 575 clutch installed. so im going to look around and try to maybe get a semi-racing clutch for around 4-500. this kinda shit right here makes me wish i had a new car...

:shok:

Damn man, that sucks real bad! I'm so sorry that happened to ya. Atleast they didn't get in the trunk, or worse take the whole car. :(

liability ftl.....and yea i know about waiting a little bit. thats with anything new in the engine bay.