Second Skin Audio

Which One?

With income taxes coming up i was thinking of putting in another system. so far i know i am going to be running a 250 amp alt two powermaster 3100 and two audioque 2200 linked in a 2000 4runner. i want to run two 15's. i am leaning towards DC soundlab lvl 5 or lvl 4XL but i have never heard any DC in person so my other choice is BTL. i just want a loud daily driver so which would you pick out of the three?

2 15" DC LVL 5' crescendo 5500 yellow top under the hood and two xs power d3100

Big three upgrade

Rockford Fosgate T162S components in front

Rockford Fosgate T152 in the back

Dynamat everywhere

BTL, it's cheaper and a way better sub Imo. I think you'll like the way they sound and perform on a daily basis.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Well i have had a 18" BTL but i sold if thinking i was gonna get out of car audio but now i'm getting back into it. i Kinda wanted to try something new but i do not want to be disapointed. has either of you heard a lvl 5 or just going by what you have heard?

Big three upgrade

Dynamat everywhere

I havent heard a level 5 yet, but im just going by the tech put into each one.

theres no specs for either unit so that's not going to help either way.

nothing against either company, im just more comfortable with a BTL and the anatomy of it then the level 5.

I was deciding between the same 2 subs. I went with the BTL's because of their substantially lower price tag and very similar performance. I have gotten to hear a pair of 18" Lvl 5's in a wall, and they were extremely loud, and my BTL's sound really good as well. It is a tough decision. Just think about whether the lvl5's are worth the extra few hundred bucks they are going to cost.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

i used to own a pair of lv 4's with lv 5 coils. they got loud. but i switched to the btl's. you cant compare the 2 though cause there totally differant subs. the lv 5 ive never owned but, heard two 18"s. not bagging on Rusty or his product but, i wasnt impressed with the lv 5's. :(

if your walling it, go with the best and get loud. dont ever half ass a wall bro. BTL's FTW :D

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

What if i stepped up to two audioque 3500 for daily driven which sub do yall think would handle that better?

Big three upgrade

Dynamat everywhere

I have never heard a level 5 in person, but have heard level 4's with the level 5 coils. It's not the same, but I have heard several btl's and have never been disapointed with them at all. Every btl I've ever heard was doing at least a 147 or better. The lowest I heard was a single 12 off of 3K and was doing a 147.x on the dash in Db Drag. I can't say that about the level 5 cause I've never seen them at a show. However you have to be willing to throw a couple hundred dollars more for the level 5 and I don't think that it's worth it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz