After A New Head Unit

Beckett

i have an ipod ready alpine head unit atm, it's good i love it, but there are a few downsides to it,

*it only has one rca output

*it's an alpine so only like 2V pre out stuff? i have no idea what that is all about but LOL

Basically i want to upgrade soon to ahead unit that looks great like my alpine (that's my opinion of alpines), i want it to have more volts on the pre out (i'm not sure what it gives but i've heard on here that alpines only give out 2V?) i want it to have rca's for front back and subwoofer, becuase atm i have the rca from the head unit going into my sub amp and then coming from that too my door speakers amp.

if you all could show me what would be good and let me know what too look out for when purchasing head units with explanations as to why that is what to look for then that would be extremely helpful:)

my friend has a kenwood crossover i think it is for sale, i was wondering if something like that would be equivelant to buying a new head unit for what i want.?

i will post a link up of the kenwood thing when my friends online next becuase i can't remeber what one it is and he has the link to it :)

All help is highly appreciated

Cheers Ben

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you could always use a EQ to run your subs and mids and highs amp and still keep your stereo,

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i have an Alpine CDA-9886, ipod ready, has front, rear, and sub pre outs, and they r 5 volt pre outs. and it still looks sexy, costs around 330 i belive.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

oh yeah what series is your alpine?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have space for a Double-DIN head unit?

No, that alpine is about the only size for my cars :)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

Thanks for all the replys guys:)

yea man i've already bought a load of stuff from them, there ok :)

so basically, i can just buy an equilizer instead of a new head unit, and that would be better?

becuase i only have one rca output, and im running 2 amps, my signal is split in half, and becuase i only have 2 volt pre out, my music in my car can sound better? it already souds awesome btw haha :D

*i would like to know about;

***how the voltage from the preout rca affects the signal to my amps or what ever it does lol?

***How splitting the signal affects it

and mainly if i was to get an equilizer, would i be able to put my single rca from head unit in that then run 2 out from that too each amp with like more pre out volt and the signal not being split?

Thanks for any help guys :)

Ben

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

Archived