Sonic Electronix

What Hz Can Be Heard The Farthest?

Yes but put enough highs on the same power and youll hear them, this isnt all just on different hz it also depends on the driver make the noise or if its not even a driver at all like an air horn

if you take any tone and play them at the same level, say 100db, the lower the tone, the farther it will travel. high frequencies have short wavelengths, which don't travel well at all, but the long wavelengths of the lower frequencies travel very well...hope that helps a bit :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

elephants communicate by ultra low frequencies that travel for miles and miles

Yeah but an elephants ear is the size of some girls butts....

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I just figure this,

What are fog horns tuned to?

When I lived in the SF Bay Area , I would live in the south-east bay, which is about 20 miles away from Frisco, and I could hear the fog horns, not loud, but they were noticeable.

But I do believe it is the lower frequencies carry further, in fact its proven. The pressure wave from the Tunguska (spelling) blast in the early 1900's in Russia circled earth I think 30 something times before it disapaited

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I just figure this,

What are fog horns tuned to?

When I lived in the SF Bay Area , I would live in the south-east bay, which is about 20 miles away from Frisco, and I could hear the fog horns, not loud, but they were noticeable.

But I do believe it is the lower frequencies carry further, in fact its proven. The pressure wave from the Tunguska (spelling) blast in the early 1900's in Russia circled earth I think 30 something times before it disapaited

I saw a show on that a while back...Siberian Apocolypse, very interesting show :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

I saw a show on that a while back...Siberian Apocolypse, very interesting show :)

Here is the common loudness chart people see online, it needs to be updated in terms of mic meter to pressure meter now....

http://www.makeitlouder.com/Decibel%20Level%20Chart.txt

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

My mate used to have a van that'd do over 150dB at 25Hz no problem. It was weird hearing his car coming, it was like literally an earthquake, you'd feel it quaking through the ground but you'd never hear it. You'd just be aware of the rumbling, like thunder miles and miles away. Interesting.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

think about a bomb. you dont hear the crackle of the explosion, just the low rumble and the boom. And same with whales, low tones travel alot farther. Think about it like this. if you can jump 1 foot max, and you are only allowed 100 jumps how far would you go? ( 1 foot jump being high frequenzy) and if you could jump 10 feet in one jump, and only allowed 100 jumps, how far are you going? also higher frequencys cannot travel through materials or objects as well as lower tones. PERFECT example outside a night club. all you hear is the thump and no higher tones. So my money is on Lower tones.

Archived