Gaining Spl

i know many people have little (things) that they use to help gain db's like rounding the port and thing like that could and one tell me thing i can do to gain a few db plz pm me and thank you in advance

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

first tell us what your system consist of. second, you said a few db's? you have to know what it takes to get a few db's, let alone 1 db. 153 db's is twice as loud has 150 db's.

so to get a few db's, you'll need a few more amps, subs, batts ect. not like this in all cases but close to it. it all depends what your running.

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

Also depends what SPL you're currently getting. I can get a car from 130 to 133 with 5 minutes playing around but getting a car from 150 to 153 can take hours and hours of making tiny little tweaks and metering over and over again (depending on the setup of course)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

well i got 2 12 splw on a bamf 55d and im close to the 146+ getting metered the 24 but i got a few more thank to do more batts and 0 gauge but im trying for 150 on music with the 2 12

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

First, you need to have access to a meter. Second, you need to spend some time with that meter. The only way to get loud numbers is to spend time on the meter and getting creative with how to modify the inside of your car to aid with increasing sound pressure. Remember, you have to satisfy what the car wants.

Some ideas:

Play with opening windows and door. Generally (not always), the car is loudest with the door shut and window up on the side where the meter is. It's also generally louder on the side of the car where the sub is (I have experienced the opposite, however).

Design your boxes where the sub is as far from the opening of the port as possible. Loud boxes also tend to have a lot of port area and long ports. But again, I have seen the opposite.

Play with the port and sub firing direction. This has a lot to do with scores, usually.

Remember to think for yourself and try everything. Take note of peoples advice, but at the same time don't take what they say as correct. Bad advice has frequently been give to me.

If I didn't mention it, TEST!!!

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ

What was that score on (TL or AC) and where was the mic placed?

What's your current box?

What's the vehicle?

150 on music, termlab, legal (a 'real' 150 on music) is an extremely lofty goal unless your car is a CRX or a Panda. Even then it'll be hard.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

First, you need to have access to a meter. Second, you need to spend some time with that meter. The only way to get loud numbers is to spend time on the meter and getting creative with how to modify the inside of your car to aid with increasing sound pressure. Remember, you have to satisfy what the car wants.

Some ideas:

Play with opening windows and door. Generally (not always), the car is loudest with the door shut and window up on the side where the meter is. It's also generally louder on the side of the car where the sub is (I have experienced the opposite, however).

Design your boxes where the sub is as far from the opening of the port as possible. Loud boxes also tend to have a lot of port area and long ports. But again, I have seen the opposite.

Play with the port and sub firing direction. This has a lot to do with scores, usually.

Remember to think for yourself and try everything. Take note of peoples advice, but at the same time don't take what they say as correct. Bad advice has frequently been give to me.

If I didn't mention it, TEST!!!

listen to this guy he knows what he is talking about. i have heard his truck and it is loud and clean sounding. whats up ben this is mike the guy ryan beat all year. lol

listen to this guy he knows what he is talking about. i have heard his truck and it is loud and clean sounding. whats up ben this is mike the guy ryan beat all year. lol

Hey, what's up man!? Will you be making it to Carl Casper's?

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ