Second Skin Audio

Elastromeric Coating?

alrite im in the process of glassin the inside of my enclosure right now and your goign to beable to see most of it from my port so i wanted to make it white. i noticed on steve's tahoe build he said he used Elastromeric coating and another person said you could buy it at Ace. well i went to ace today to look around and all i could find close it was this stuff thats like a rubberized roof sealer and its white and says its an elastro-matic coating. i was just wondering if this was it or if theres a better kind or what.. i also figured it would be a spray coat. heres a picture...

elastromatic.jpg

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

Not sure if that is what you need or not, but on a side note.... Won't the rubbery characteristic of an elastomeric coating absorb some of the sound waves?

thats exactly what i was thinking.... which is why im postin this up to ask what exactly steve used for his...

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

i believe thats it, i have about 3 gallons at home and planned on coating a box this weekend. i wondered about this myself.as far as sealing a box.....resin vs roof coating

I would think resin as it is harder and is used to help speed up the waves coming out the port (or so it has been said). I would think that the elastomaric would be counter productive against this. To the OP, I would just resin and paint it white with normal spraypaint.... But I wouldn't completely take my word for this... hopefully Steve or somebody else that has a little more experience can chime in and let me know if this is wrong.

yeah thanks for the input though. steve also said that the whole point of it was to smooth out the glass.

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

anyone else know anything about it???

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

I'd be keen to know about Elastromeric coating and how much smoother it actually is...

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

p.s....charger i love that purple inside yur enclosure lol.

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF