Reminder: Posting Of Copyrighted Material Is Prohibited

This post is just to remind everyone that posting of Copyrighted Material will not be tolerated and will result in a vacation away from here.

I was at a seminar this past week and was notified by some pretty large companies, including Verizon Business, that again file sharing is at an all time high and the RIAA is once again on the hunt to set some examples. So this is the one and final warning, DO NOT post material that is copyrighted.

http://www.von.com/news/riaa-to-isps-send-...le-sharers.html

Kev

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

the iraa wants internet providers to tell them about people downloading music/movies/ and other copyrighted material, but that's illegal, internet companies are not allowed to spy on you, if they say they caught you doing something, then that's illegal, you can sue them, just throwing it out there

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

According to the Seminar that I was in, nothing about the RIAA requesting information is illegal. They clearly won the file sharing law suit and have the ability to subpoena anyone and any ISP if they suspect that file sharing is going on.

For anyone that has any networking background will understand that NO ISP is spying any anyone. Every single site that you go to passes to the internet via their routers. So if the RIAA subpoena's your ISP...the ISP will just hand over Router Logs. This is completely legit and legal. From the router log it is not hard to track down which IP's are transferring traffic on sharing ports. This is networking 101.

Sactownstang - From what I gathered you are correct. It is now easier for the RIAA to sue the ISP...then the ISP can go after the user/abuser for illegal file transferring via what they are calling the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (in which I can't seem to get a copy of).

I do want to be clear though, that I posted this as a warning to people posting items and not as a debate topic.

Okay I'm not a 'nerd' and no nothing about internets and what nots. But is this like my buddy used to download illegal movies online and the internet provider slowed his connection down till either he stopped or it was completely disconnected...

He stopped when his was snail slow... lol

Derp.

Yep you are dead on. The downloading of anything in which is for sale, yet was not purchased is illegal.

However the RIAA in the past has only been interested in file sharing and downloading of illegal music.

http://www.riaa.com/